DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A Winter's Morning in Queenscliff

Great video Bilby. I'm on the surf coast and we are lucky that we have some fantastic scenery to fly in.

I am interested to know what software you are using to edit your work please?

Great vid Bilby. Smooth flying, variety of shots, moves quickly due to good editing, nice music and great lighting. 👍

One thing I would suggest is that you use the Rule of Thirds with regard to the horizon. Approximately half your video shows a scene with the horizon directly in the middle of the screen. Instead consider panning down slightly so the blue sky only takes up 1/3 of the picture and the ground (ie the main subject) takes up 2/3s of the screen.

Great video Bilby. I'm on the surf coast and we are lucky that we have some fantastic scenery to fly in.

I am interested to know what software you are using to edit your work please?
Thanks for your comments. Yes, we are lucky in this area. I use a free editing program called Shotcut.

Cheers
Bill

Reactions: Prt60
Great vid Bilby. Smooth flying, variety of shots, moves quickly due to good editing, nice music and great lighting. 👍

One thing I would suggest is that you use the Rule of Thirds with regard to the horizon. Approximately half your video shows a scene with the horizon directly in the middle of the screen. Instead consider panning down slightly so the blue sky only takes up 1/3 of the picture and the ground (ie the main subject) takes up 2/3s of the screen.
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I'm aware of the rule of thirds and I use it constantly with my still photography. Somehow when I'm flying my drone I get distracted with safety and care for the drone and it's only when I review my footage that I realise that I haven't framed my shots with that principle in mind. Hopefully I'll get better with my future adventures!

Thanks again
Bill

Reactions: TerryToast
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I'm aware of the rule of thirds and I use it constantly with my still photography. Somehow when I'm flying my drone I get distracted with safety and care for the drone and it's only when I review my footage that I realise that I haven't framed my shots with that principle in mind. Hopefully I'll get better with my future adventures!

Thanks again
Bill
You’re welcome. I agree, it very tough to remember all the photography composition rules, add story telling, fly smoothly in a variety of directions and avoid those evil trees that jump out and attack our drones. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras