DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2S DNG files are vignetted!

I have used Affinity Photo (yes, I finally spent some money!) and it does do a good job with correcting the vignette from my Air 2S. Affinity is actually quite impressive for its cost, and pretty much has all the imaging tools that you could likely want. Plus Affinity offers other products in their suite such as desktop publishing, etc and it supports PC and Mac, M1 included.

I did explore LuminarAI and it has some interesting features, but didn't really deal with vignette correction that I could see, so I moved on.

After much research, there are also tools that can be used to correct vignette, probably the best are those that require you to photograph a blank white wall with the camera and then generate a mask that is used for vignette correction. This TBH, is way beyond what most people want to get involved with, but if you want to go through all of that rigmarole, that probably works the best. However Affinity is a whole lot easier. Plus, if you keep your eyes open, they sometimes have sales (I think I paid $29 USD) for it in May of this year.

I think this is the best and cheapest way into image editing if you don't want a subscription or have to pony up $$$. The only thing I find annoying (and it's actually a legitimate design) is that when it opens a file, it creates a proprietary "edit" version of your image that you make corrections to. I guess that is similar to an Adobe PSD file. To get your final image, you "export" it.

My opinion of Affinity Photo is "strong buy"
I actually posted a YouTube video showing the process of removing Air 2S vignetting using Affinity Photo. It’s a one click process in the Develop Persona. Also think of the export as a “save as” choice because that’s exactly what it does. The save button as you mentioned saved the image as an Affinity photo file type for future editing…..: )

I have just started playing with the Skylum Luminar software and Neo has vignette removal sliders in Develop which worked fine with RAW images from my Air 2S. Aurora HDR takes care of the RAW vignetting automatically as well. I am actually quite impressed by Luminar NEO.

Has anyone noticed the amount of vignetting varies? Sometimes there seems to be zero, other times it's pretty bad. Maybe the drone doesn't apply corrections consistently

Has anyone noticed the amount of vignetting varies? Sometimes there seems to be zero, other times it's pretty bad. Maybe the drone doesn't apply corrections consistently
I would say it also going to vary depending on photo mode, exposure, and possibly if any ND or PL filters were used. The jpeg copy from the drone also might do it automatically based on what it detects versus just applying one straight lens profile.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada