DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aaaarrrggghhhh

Sithsquirrel

Reactions
Hi I have recently changed from IOS to Android and am having problems with my phone linking to the mavic pro 1.
It keeps coming up saying there is a fault with the controller, it comes up with ready to fly then there is that error.
Please help as I'm meant to be taking it to Iceland next week

I switched to ipads long ago after having to many bad experiences with Android tablets and phones. There's nothing worse than the app crashing in the middle of a flight. Once I switched I never have a problem after 2 years of flying!

Reactions: WAXMAN
I have an old Samsung S4 as a backup in case I have issues with my iPad Mini - I tried the short cable that comes with the drone and plugs into the side of the controller to the phone and it worked fine, tried an old short samsung cable from the USB port on the controller to the phone and no go then I tired the USB cable that came with the drone to the samsung S4 and it worked as well - so ya sometimes cords are an issue - I always have a few spares on hand !!

Reactions: Trolleydodger
I had that problem. Turned out to be the cable between the phone and controller. New and different cable and no more errors. You never know when it will happen. Try another cable.

Definitely worth checking particularly it's not a device known to have issues with DJI Go 4.

I switched to ipads long ago after having to many bad experiences with Android tablets and phones. There's nothing worse than the app crashing in the middle of a flight. Once I switched I never have a problem after 2 years of flying!
You will have problems running the app on any device that doesn't have a fast enough processor and enough RAM.
It doesn't matter if it's Apple or Android.
There are plenty of Android devices that run the app perfectly.

You will have problems running the app on any device that doesn't have a fast enough processor and enough RAM.

Exactly! My S10+ worked perfectly when I tried it the other day. Considering the fact that he later stated that it worked, I'm guessing it's a cord issue.

Reactions: Milo187
Totally agree! I ran into issues with my Nvidia Shield and once I found a good deal on my first refurbished iPad from GameStop that was a game charger for me. I would just hate to recommend anything other than the most stable control devices especially for novice pilots that could panic when the app crashes. Everyone can make a point one way or another but it appears apparent to me that DJI is more closely aligned with Apple products especially when they sell them in Apple Stores.

it appears apparent to me that DJI is more closely aligned with Apple products especially when they sell them in Apple Stores.
DJI doesn't swing one way or the other.
Their app runs flawlessly on either system ... as long as the tablet is a good one.
Apple fool folks with their clever Made for Apple marketing labels.
Forums fool folks by the things people assert without evidence.

Yea kinda harsh but I've always flown with android products with very few, if any problems. Now the disclaimer is that I've always used top shelf Samsung devices. S8+, S9+, S10+, Tab S4, Tab S3 8" and Tab S3 10" along with the Android based Crystalsky 5.5 and 7.85 and now the Smart Controller. No offense to anyone but most of the time when I see android complaints it boils down to old, cheap, out of date, etc models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk