DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About the Samsung S6 Lite

Hommer638

Reactions
I have a question to all that are using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with DJI Fly to fly their Mini 2 or Mavic Air 2.
Does it matter that the tablet has no built in compass and is the drone compass window at the bottom left corner of the screen
working properly. I would like to know if there are any issues using this tablet with DJI Fly. Thank you very much. Lou.

I have had no problems using my S6 lite apart from not being able to determine where my MA2 is in relation to where I am as it has no inbuilt compass. But so far i have never flown my MA2 out of sight which is probably less than 200 metres away.
I read another post here recently of someone using their mobile phone with inbuilt compass linked to their tablet setting thier mobile phone as a 'hot spot' and then linking their tablet to mobile phone via wifi. I haven't tried that yet.

I have had no problems using my S6 lite apart from not being able to determine where my MA2 is in relation to where I am as it has no inbuilt compass. But so far i have never flown my MA2 out of sight which is probably less than 200 metres away.
I read another post here recently of someone using their mobile phone with inbuilt compass linked to their tablet setting thier mobile phone as a 'hot spot' and then linking their tablet to mobile phone via wifi. I haven't tried that yet.
Thank you Jarnie, I am now aware of this I am surprised this has not come out before this.
DJI should release all the requirement a device must have in order to work properly with there apps.

Wifi link to hotspot won't provide compass. It will let you receive map details from the internet.

Thank you Jarnie, I am now aware of this I am surprised this has not come out before this.
DJI should release all the requirement a device must have in order to work properly with there apps.
I totally agree. It was not until after I purchased my MA2 that I also found that I needed a phone or tablet which had a full 64 bit operating system. I was under the impression that my near new tablet would work and it didn't as it only is a 32bit tablet. When PC software is marketed it usually states clearly what the requirements are but not the MA2 and the FLY app until you try and use it.

Hi Jarnie, I work most of my time 'up the hill' as far as Mt Vic and have lived in Cranebrook since most of it was farm land!
Anyway recently I have put it to both Samsung (Aus) and Lenovo (Aus) they should fully advertise the power of their tablets... ie. 34 bit or 64 bit working processors as they would probably get more sales of the more expensive 64 bit tablets. But one reply was "The customer doesn't care" and the other thinks "That's a great idea and it will be passed on". I just laugh at both their attitudes towards the public. Right now they are selling in numbers to the kids returning to school in a week or so, so they really don't care!

Not just 64 bit hardware, but 64 bit Android OS.

Another requirement hinted by on what devices could get Fly from Play was 3 to 4 GB installed RAM. Many had success manual install of Fly from APK downloaded from DJI. Now though you can only get the latest Android version from DJI download.

Hi Jarnie, I work most of my time 'up the hill' as far as Mt Vic and have lived in Cranebrook since most of it was farm land!
Anyway recently I have put it to both Samsung (Aus) and Lenovo (Aus) they should fully advertise the power of their tablets... ie. 34 bit or 64 bit working processors as they would probably get more sales of the more expensive 64 bit tablets. But one reply was "The customer doesn't care" and the other thinks "That's a great idea and it will be passed on". I just laugh at both their attitudes towards the public. Right now they are selling in numbers to the kids returning to school in a week or so, so they really don't care!
I total agree. I actually phoned the Samsung technical department and asked if one of their tablet models was full 64 bit and they could not tell me. The person I spoke with had no idea. I was stunned!

For what's its worth! I have a MA2 and use a Samsung Tab 3. The extension data cable I use was purchased via Amazon and at first try it (controller) would not connect with the drone. Ordered another cable but in the mean time I read somewhere to reverse the ends of the cable and wall'la it worked. Its now working as if it was on my Samsung Note 8. I've no problems in flying etc.

For what's its worth! I have a MA2 and use a Samsung Tab 3. The extension data cable I use was purchased via Amazon and at first try it (controller) would not connect with the drone. Ordered another cable but in the mean time I read somewhere to reverse the ends of the cable and wall'la it worked. Its now working as if it was on my Samsung Note 8. I've no problems in flying etc.
Good Day. I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject and the reason the Samsung S6 lite works except the compass function is because the tablet does not have a built in compass sensor.
Also for any tablet or phone for that matter it needs to have a 64 Bit CPU running a 64 Bit OS. I have a very nice 6 or 7 inch Samsung Tab S2 that has a 64 Bit CPU but Samsung has limited the chipset in the tablet to only 32 Bit so it will not load or run Dji Fly. I have since purchased a used Samsung Tab S6 (not the lite version) and it runs the Fly app just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes