DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Above controller tablet mound

FlyAwayPTSD

Reactions
Does anyone know of a tablet mount that positions above the controller that is not 3D printed ?

All I have found so far are homemade and I'd rather not trust my $500 ipad won't break off.

Thanks

Last edited:

I think you will be WAY unhappy with the weight and bulk. I use those RAM connectors for items in my Jeep Wrangler that are GPS/Monitor related and even though they look small and light they are not all that small and light. Its not a concern in the Jeep as they are not removed and reinstalled frequently. to use on a lightweight controller (RC) and have the bulk of stowing them away after every flight - uhhh, no thanks!

Great feedback. What's the weight of the Mavmount? That can't be very light, and it's not from behind which is what the OP asked for.

The Mavmount can be adjusted so you can see the controller as well. I've never set it up this way since everything is viewed on the ipad mini. I never look at the controller.

The Mavmount can be adjusted so you can see the controller as well. I've never set it up this way since everything is viewed on the ipad mini. I never look at the controller.

Curious how you like the mount? Looking at getting the same one for iPad mini also..

I have the Skytreat. It's arm can be extended so you can see the RC screen and have the video screen closer to your eyes. It's lightweight, inexpensive and it folds down pretty flat for storage.

I have the Skytreat. It's arm can be extended so you can see the RC screen and have the video screen closer to your eyes. It's lightweight, inexpensive and it folds down pretty flat for storage.

Skytreat? Do you have a website?

I ordered this yesterday on Amazon and it just showed up. Fantastic quality! I was very impressed. Feel the ipad will be completely safe with this. Thanks for the recommendation!

While I was at I went another binge lol.

Picked up a few little things but i am also impressed with this landing pad:
Powerextra 30" (75cm) Universal Fast-Fold Portable Landing Pad for RC Drones Helicopter DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 2/3/4/4 Pro, Inspire 2/1, 3DR Solo, GoPro Karma, Parrot, Antel Robotic, Holy Stone, UDI

Snapped right out to shape, larger than expected and folds right up.

I also have the exact Mavmount as pictured for use with iPad Air. The spring loaded part that holds the tablet can be mounted in a small variety of ways so that it doesn't obscure your view of the controller. I also purchased the PhotoPro sunshade which fits perfectly. The Mavmount is extremely well engineered with high quality aluminum parts and feels very well secured to controller. I have over 70 flights with it so far.

Reactions: Aerial West
Does anyone know of a tablet mount that positions above the controller that is not 3D printed ?

All I have found so far are homemade and I'd rather not trust my $500 ipad won't break off.

Thanks
hello Fly away,

I found exactly what you looking for, because I am also searching for the same type of holder.
Go to YouTube and search for a guy called Tore Kivttem, he designed something very small and nice, holder V2.
I thought about buying from him, but I decided to design one myself, with some different features, once I finalise my own design I will post some pictures (if the results come as expected).

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest