DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS FOR NEW MAVIC

I am new to drones and just trying to learn. So far it has been a LOt of fun.
I would be curious on what you use
ND filters
lens hood,
tablet holder
software

I have tried a couple of tablet holders but I want access to the remote RC and not have to reach around. I DID NOT like this one and this was JUST OK IMHO. Details if needed.
I am glad you are having fun. That means you haven't crashed yet :).

You might consider a tracking system in case you have a flyaway or sudden equipment/power failure. The Marco Polo Ultralight RC Model Recovery System, at only 12 grams, is one of the few that is small and light enough for the Mavic. It also works even when there is no cell service and requires no monthly service fees. Ultralight RC Model Recovery Systems Archives - Tracking and Recovery Made Easy | Marco Polo the Tracking and Recovery System
the price of it ? even though the mavic is expensive there must be a lot more cheaper alternatives thanks for the post though

There are some cellular/GPS alternatives that are cheaper to purchase than Marco Polo (i.e. Trackimo) but after you have paid the service fees for a long enough period of time they will cost as much or more - and only work where there is cellular coverage. There are also bluetooth devices that work with your phone that are much less expensive (Tile, Tracker Bravo, etc) but the range is only a couple hundred feet. If you need a system that works wherever you (ever in your life) want to fly and has enough range to really be of help, then a long-range radio tracker, like Marco Polo, is the way to go. You can use it for many years at no additional cost and easily move the transmitter between drones or to any new drone you may buy in the future. Better to look at it as an investment in your hobby that will pay for itself with the first drone found rather than a ratio of the tracking system's cost to the cost of a single drone.

I am glad you are having fun. That means you haven't crashed yet :).

I expect that flying a drone is kinda like riding a motorcycle. there are only two types, those who have gone down (crashed) and those who are going to. Unfortunately I have gone down on a motorcycle and I have not crashed a drone (yet). :)

Thanks for your your answers to my other questions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu