DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AC Antenna location

Texas Mavic

Reactions
Can anyone confirm exactly where in the arms of the Mavic Pro the antennas are located? It’s my understanding that they ARE NOT in the front “legs”. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!!!

What BD0G said. There's even a diagram of the drone in the manual that shows you the location; for the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro (v1.8 of the manual) it's on page 9 and it clearly indicates the front legs. Perhaps you've seen a reference to the GPS antenna location though? That's a seperate thing and may have a different location somewhere in the main body.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
For the Mavic Pro, page 8, item 5, of the User Manual V2.0 shows "Landing Gear (with built-in antennas)." In the Quick Start Guide, v1.6, they're shown as item 8, page 2.

4CNvLgt.png

The M1 antenna element is printed on a board and the front leg covers it. This is one installed on a Spark and covered with tape.

I've seen refernces to the Mavic antenna's being in the front vertical legs, which is why you need to get the antenna's on the RC controller standing vertical when in use ... the best transmission / reception is when the two pairs of antenna's (Mavic & Controller) are parallel / vertical.ACdiagram.jpg

Can anyone confirm exactly where in the arms of the Mavic Pro the antennas are located? It’s my understanding that they ARE NOT in the front “legs”. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!!!
One reason I ask is all the replacement legs do not have any type of cavity, nor a connection of any kind, no matter what brand I search for, they do not have antennas in them.

The reason I ask is because I have searched for replacement legs, trying to figure out where the antennas are located, and not one has had a cavity, a slot, or connection for an antenna.

I've seen refernces to the Mavic antenna's being in the front vertical legs, which is why you need to get the antenna's on the RC controller standing vertical when in use ... the best transmission / reception is when the two pairs of antenna's (Mavic & Controller) are parallel / vertical.View attachment 64378

All the replacement parts, the front left and right legs do not have antennas in them. I guess I need to pull mine off and check.

In the picture you post above there is no way to tell if there is a cavity that runs the length of the Mavic Pro's front legs as the shot of the product is from straight on and not top down.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
In the picture you post above there is no way to tell if there is a cavity that runs the length of the Mavic Pro's front legs as the shot of the product is from straight on and not top down.
True.. let me look for other examples

Here is the way that the antenna looks and the cavity within the leg
dronemods-2018-126-png.37666
Friggen fantastic!!! Thank you! I stripped the bit on my driver set and waiting on replacement. Is that the right or left leg?

There are indeed cavities on the legs that I have found. I appreciate your help!

Friggen fantastic!!! Thank you! I stripped the bit on my driver set and waiting on replacement. Is that the right or left leg?

I am unsure if that is a right or left front leg. The picture posted was from the postings that Beanbubba made where he details the various antenna modifications he is making. The post was before you replied a few times to the same thread. It can be found here Aircraft Antenna Mod

What BD0G said. There's even a diagram of the drone in the manual that shows you the location; for the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro (v1.8 of the manual) it's on page 9 and it clearly indicates the front legs. Perhaps you've seen a reference to the GPS antenna location though? That's a seperate thing and may have a different location somewhere in the main body.
The gps and one of the compasses are right above the wifi board on that back. It's attached to the top shell and then shielded. I'm in the process of hacking both and increase. Already did controller with alientech pro ?

The gps and one of the compasses are right above the wifi board on that back. It's attached to the top shell and then shielded. I'm in the process of hacking both and increase. Already did controller with alientech pro ?
First response since Feb 2019... 2 years ago!
No matter...
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum, Lou!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78