DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

accidental Salt Lake Pano

brett8883

Reactions
I was cleaning out my local storage drive today and I found a folder that was misplaced inside a folder that was inside a folder that was inside a folder...

There were a few good shots in there and so I uploaded them to my google drive folder and a few hours later google sends me a message that my panorama was ready. Im like what the?

Turns out the images stitch together and google did this automatically. Kinda concerning they were analyzing my stuff but cool at the same time.

I redid it in photoshop and here it is. Probably would have never done anything with it.

View attachment 73079

Attachments

• DJI_0015-Enhanced-Pano-Edit.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Very nice photo, that’s another thing I’ll have to try, pano’s ?
So it’s not just me who has a nightmare with housekeeping photos then?

Reactions: brett8883
Very nice photo, that’s another thing I’ll have to try, pano’s ?
So it’s not just me who has a nightmare with housekeeping photos then?

God save us Porky. Mine is a total mess and it’s for reasons like this I have trouble deleting anything. I think Apple is throttling me because I upload and download huge files too often...

Reactions: Porky
I just need to file my photos in a better way so I can find them easier. Slowly coming together though??

That did make me laugh what you said, I found a folder that was misplaced inside a folder that was inside a folder that was inside a folder...?

That definitely sounded like me?

But it was a good find, smashing photo??

Great picture. What did the Google Drive version look like ?
I've transferred all my 3x3 panos and I'm slowly processing them with Microsoft ICE but it's a tedious process as there is no batch processing option in that otherwise great app.

Wow!! That is a very nice pano of a place that I am somewhat familiar with. I understand the skyline of SLC is likely to change in the near future. Shots like yours can be used to document the changes. Thanks for posting.

Great picture. What did the Google Drive version look like ?
I've transferred all my 3x3 panos and I'm slowly processing them with Microsoft ICE but it's a tedious process as there is no batch processing option in that otherwise great app.

So I uploaded the files of a 3x3 pano and sure enough Google offered me a stitched version...but the resolution is prettier low (~10MP) and the projection not great. Back to manual processing with ICE it is!

Wow! Fantastic shot and story. I'm a google photo user, but have never uploaded photos that could be turn into a pano, never knew they would do that.

So I uploaded the files of a 3x3 pano and sure enough Google offered me a stitched version...but the resolution is prettier low (~10MP) and the projection not great. Back to manual processing with ICE it is!

Yes I felt like I could do a better job myself so I did it manually too. You know file size isn’t a good determination of resolution though. The photo above is something like 9000x3000 but I had to compress it to be able to upload so that picture I have posted is only 5.3MB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams