DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Accidental Synchronicity - 360 Pano

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm finding that panoramas offer some interesting opportunities for capturing normal planar images. And for finding things in the image that you weren't aware of when shooting, like the deer that appeared in a 180-degree pano of a sunset last week.

My primary subject when shooting a couple of days ago were the cumulus clouds over a nearby meadow. Later, when looking at one pano, I noticed that the red car passing on the road had been captured three times in successive photos. I think it was moving slower than most traffic.

The difficulty with edge distortion with panos is apparent by the relative size of the car in the first and second positions.

DJI_0085_view.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike107
that is inherent in such a wide angle lens although there are ways to correct for that in post if you want. Photoshop will allow you to tweak such and image. Some programs have built in corrections for various cameras but few if any have the ability to correct images from DJI lenses. In correcting such and image you have to "pull in" the corners and having done that you will no longer have the full aspect ratio, requiring significant cropping so for most folks "it is what it is". This video shows one way to manually fix wide angle distortion. It might be hard to apply to this particular image but it shows some of the issues involved. correct wide angle distortion with photoshop at DuckDuckGo

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claude72