DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accidentally deleted images from internal storage

MavicFlyer

Reactions
After a flight, I was going to download the the photos taken, using the DJI Go4 app (Editor | Album | Photos). I selected all the photos taken that day for download from the Mavic Air internal memory.
Unfortunately, instead of downloading to my iPhone, I deleted all of them.

The next thing I did was to turn off the MA, in the hope of NOT overwriting the deleted files.

Any suggestions on how to recover the photos? I remember undeleting files from my Windows PC, but it was a long time ago, and I'm not even sure I still have the undelete program.

My thinking was to connect the MA USB port to the USB port on my PC, and turn on the MA. Then, I would run the undelete program, and hopefully it would show all the deleted files, select all, and recover them to the internal memory (or my PC).

Comments/ideas??

Are they still on your SD card ?

Never were on the SD card...I was using the internal 8G memory.

Ah right, I always use an 64gb sd card as the video files can get rather large
The 8g internal will give you around 11min of video recording at 4k/30

Ah right, I always use an 64gb sd card as the video files can get rather large
The 8g internal will give you around 11min of video recording at 4k/30
I usually have a Sandisk 64G card installed, but I had taken out the card to download some of those 4K videos. This was just a few stills, so I decided to just go internal.

I usually have a Sandisk 64G card installed, but I had taken out the card to download some of those 4K videos. This was just a few stills, so I decided to just go internal.

Try this - Part 1 of this webpage , it might work

The Coolmuster app sees both the SD card and Internal memory when the MA is connected to PC and turned on.
Select the "Android Recovery" function then "SD card recovery" and pick the 8gb internal memory, the rest is pretty self explanatorty if the app finds any deleted photos

Files aren't actually deleted it’s just that they don't show and can be overwritten, if you haven't recorded anything after deleting them you should hopefully be able to get them back.

Today, I connected my MA to my PC via USB cable to see what was there. The internal memory showed up as a USB drive, and to my pleasant surprise all the files I thought were deleted, were still there, and I copied them to my PC for storage.

BTW, I did run an undelete program (Recuva) on the internal memory, and it did find a few deleted files that could be restored, and some that could not. So the answer is YES, an undelete program on a PC does have access to the internal memory.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened. I tried to use the DJI Go4 app to download the stills from the MA to my iPhone at full resolution. I clicked Editor, Album, Photos. I selected all the photos for download from the Mavic Air internal memory.
Unfortunately, instead of downloading to my iPhone, I deleted all of them - not sure how I did it, but the thumbnails of all the photos shot that day were gone...photos from earlier dates were still there. It seems I deleted only the thumbnails of the pictures taken that day. Although I've had my MA for over 2 years, I have spent almost no time using theGo4 editor - I usually just use the SD card, popping it in before flight, and removing it post-flight.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

The Coolmuster app sees both the SD card and Internal memory when the MA is connected to PC and turned on.
Select the "Android Recovery" function then "SD card recovery" and pick the 8gb internal memory, the rest is pretty self explanatorty if the app finds any deleted photos

Tried the Coolmaster App for recovery today as I've also lost/deleted video from internal memory (Air 2s).
However the app did not even connect nor reconize the drone neither internal or SD memory ...

What App is it exactly, you recommend (there's several app's of Coolmaster offering different recovery regimes)?

Got it now (was somewhat simpler than I expected). Unfortunately there's no deleted files detected on the internal memory (zero files in all actually) ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada