DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Activation nowadays

Oakley75

Reactions
So if someone bought an old-stock mavic air 2 that had one of the "bad" serial numbers from back then (some serials were not in dji system and they couldn't activate), is there a fix nowadays to let dji activate them? Especially since it's been so many months since all the "couldn't activate" reports back then.
I'm not talking the battery charging hub fiasco. This is a different issue, or so I'm led to believe.The only fix back then was to send back. Hopefully that's changed been fixed...

In the past DJI deactivated the serial numbers where that the drones in question were reportedly stolen in transit.
So unless you can prove otherwise I don't believe DJI will assist you.
If you can prove it was purchased legitimately from an official/ registered retailer they should provide a replacement.

If your buying this second hand, I'd be wary if it has a known activation issue and that the original owner had not already got a replacement for it from DJI.
This would suggest that DJI is not honoring the orignal purchase

Last edited:
Anyone know the story? Seems like it'd be an interesting read ha
It was never confirmed that any had been stolen, but it appears DJI inadvertently set a batch of serial numbers to "stolen" and hence stopped the ability for the new owner to carry out the registration authorisation process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll