DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track 2 will not follow without controller

clydesur

Reactions
I tried to get the zoom to follow me on the Seadoo Trixx and did not work. I kept the controller with me and it began to follow. What setting do i need to leave the controller at the beach and follow me? Video with controller...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdepriest
When i left the controller on land, it would follow by camera but would not move. I burned a whole battery with 6 different settings but the drone would not move until i took the controller with me. I'm doing this on my own, so I'll will try all setting with someone else driving the Trixx until I understand it's thinking.

Thanks for responding...

There are several different modes within Active Track. It is a little confusing. I'm guessing you selected the wrong one until you took the controller with you.

There are several different modes within Active Track. It is a little confusing. I'm guessing you selected the wrong one until you took the controller with you.
Very possible. It finally started tracking when I brought it out into the lake and I faced it. Then i drove toward it and it started to follow. then gave it a swing to the left and it stayed up with me.

I'll figure it out and then post again.

Thanks for the reply.

Take care

Check out page 27 in the manual, specifically says no external tracking device required. Also explains the 3 different orbiting modes if you will. In my experience with active tracking 2.0 on a zoom used mainly for tracking my kids in various sports, from walking to riding bikes, never had to use the remote controller to track. As long as I got a good lock on target at the start and target was identified worked pretty good. Good lighting and contrast important, on water can be tricky with all the reflections.

Last edited:
Reactions: clydesur
Check out page 27 in the manual, specifically says no external tracking device required. Also explains the 3 different orbiting modes if you will. In my experience with active tracking 2.0 on a zoom used mainly for tracking my kids in various sports, from walking to riding bikes, never had to use the remote controller to track. As long as I got a good lock on target at the start and target was identified worked pretty good. Good lighting and contrast important, on water can be tricky with all the reflections.
Thanks, it must have been the trees below it and to the side that held up its flight although i was a good 30' from them. Thanks for posting

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard