DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track -----can't keep up with car

bayou7

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic Air. Very happy with it but am having a problem with Active Track.
When I try Active track on the to follow a Jeep, it always lags behind and then loses track---see video. It starts out ok but then gradually falls back. The Jeep isn't going fast----10-15 mph at most. Are there choices I could be making that prevent the Mavic Air from maintaining a good tracking speed? What do I need to look for? I've tried searching forums for this issue but haven't seen any discussion.

Any suggestions?

First, I assume you're highlighting the Jeep and not yourself. You might try starting at a higher altitude. I do this a lot with my bicycle and a higher altitude seems to work better. Good luck! Have fun!

Reactions: WAXMAN
It may be because you are tracking from directly behind the Jeep. When you watch the video the Jeep stays in the same place on the screen but gets a little smaller. Try tracking at an angle.

i have the same problum when im on my dirt bike im not going fast but it seems to lose tracking very easy ive tryed more hight and distance but still not like the videos they show you on the dji tutorials

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86