DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track "Circle" not working

Sonofmickel

Reactions
Active Track will follow vehicle, bike, person...great.

I can not get the "circle" feature to work. The arrows are on the screen but when I swipe, the drone does not circle, the "dot" swipes to the left and right but does not "stick" it bounces back to the center position.
I was able to make it circle once but it would only swipe to - 3.
I will try restarting the phone and reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app.

Samsung Galaxy S9+, Android 10, DJI Go 4 4.3.32

Last edited:
Thanks gnirtS
Can anyone else test this on their MV2P?

Please report controller, phone, firmware etc...whatever it takes to get this working.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I haven't flown my M2P for about a month but I've had it track & circle me as I walked & jogged down the beach lots of times. I don't remember having any trouble with it unless I started with the drone too far away or something like that. So I know it works. Even when leaving the controller back down the beach as I run farther away without it.

I'm using the regular controller that came with the MP2, and the DJI GO app is version 4.3.32, running on an iPhone.

Since I haven't powered up the drone with internet access for a while I don't know if I have the latest firmware on it. I'll probably check for updates sometime in the next few days. Not sure when exactly.

Edit: I updated the DJI GO app when prompted last time which installed this version 4.3.32. But I haven't flown the drone with it yet. So maybe that's the difference. I'll try to test it when I get a chance if someone else doesn't post results before me.

Last edited:
Possibly Iphone vs Android with RC1B controller.

I contacted Mavic online help = not much help.
Must be a language barrier, they couldn't figure out what Active Track was, kept referring to Hyperlapse.

Last edited:
I already use that with no tracking problems and could make the circles around boats and cars using the "arrows" function, even at FAST mode. I used to be at ~20m height.
I used iphone 7 plus and RC, both at the last versions of sw/fw and dji go 4.
my RC is 1B.

Have you ever tried to decrease the height of the drone? As per the times I already used the function, it seems that as lower it is, better is the performance of tracking mode. just be careful with obstacles :p

Just tried again after phone restart and fresh install of DJI GO 4.

No good news yet on Samsung Galaxy S9+, Android 10.
The circle feature "works" but no way to control it.

I just tried over 40' and at 7'-20'.
No difference.

I have to "touch" the white circle to get any circle motion started. Swiping while the drone is "still" does not initiate "Circle" motion.

It is also random on how fast of a circle it makes after touching the white dot.
Speed of circle is a random number and non-adjustable 4, -19, -7, 21. Can not control the circle by touch-dragging.

The drone follows the object just fine(me on bike, me walking, follow car).

Last edited:
I will try another approach:

1. uninstall DJI GO 4
2. restart phone
3. reinstall DJI GO 4
4. try circle mode again

No luck.
What i did find out was that to initiate circle mode on Android...you MUST have deft fingers.
There is a "motion" that may develop into a skill.

Touch-hover-flick-release
The full action must take place within 1/4 second or less.
Touch-dragging does not work.
Is there a workflow I am missing?

That is the "move" that allows some control over how fast and what direction a circle can rotate.
I got pretty good in the one battery I went through. I could get the rotation the way I wanted(most important) and the speed randomly between 1-65(it is like a video game secret room/jump move).
Pretty good if you ask me!
I call that progress.

Last edited:
To me this seems like a Go4 issue. IT feels like a UI problem.

Absolutely a Go 4 interface problem if iPhone users don't have the same problem.

Can more than one other person on the forum try circle mode?

Bump,
Can anyone test their Android "Active Tracker, Circle mode"?
I promise it will only take a minute of precious flying time.
Just see if you can control the direction and speed of the circling feature.

Thanks my little dronies.

I get the same error when I try to use setCircularSpeed(1) programmatically on android.

Have anyone ever got it to work in DJI Go 4 on android? In what version then?

I get "setCircularSpeed: Not supported" for both ActiveTrackMode.TRACE and ActiveTrackMode.PROFILE

It looks like an error in the API-itself, not the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic