DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track footage error.

Paleeto

Reactions
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I'm a new MP owner and was learning how to fly in open fields and playing with it's features like active track. Once I became a bit more confident, I tried active track while driving in a quite small residential area (new homes, barely any occupants).

Anyway, things were looking good and the MP managed to keep up (was going 40km/hr) but I noticed that my screen started blacking out and then stopped recording all together. Of course I almost had a heart attack thinking I've lost it somewhere but it was still above the car, I was still able to fly & land it but no camera.

I am using a Samsung S7 v7.0 Nougat with the latest firmware and version of the DJI Go app. Here is a small clip.

Check your warnings from your flight. Did you have any electronic interference? I see there were some power lines during the flight.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Check your warnings from your flight. Did you have any electronic interference? I see there were some power lines during the flight.
The only warning I got was GPS weak signal but was connected to 19-20 satellites. A quick recalibration fixed that, no other warnings other than that.

Make sure that no other apps on your S7 are running and put your phone on airplane mode durning the flight and see if that helps.

I have the same issue here with my Android devices with this Go 4 app but have resolved it to a point. I also reported these issues to DJI and there are a ton of folks having the same issues.

The app uses a lot of CPU resources.

Let us know if this helps?

Best regards,
Steve

Make sure that no other apps on your S7 are running and put your phone on airplane mode durning the flight and see if that helps.

I have the same issue here with my Android devices with this Go 4 app but have resolved it to a point. I also reported these issues to DJI and there are a ton of folks having the same issues.

The app uses a lot of CPU resources.

Let us know if this helps?

Best regards,
Steve
Thanks for the hints Steve,

I am using the GO 4 version of the app.

I've read similar posts and people are saying it's an OS issue, i.e. works better with Apple products, the iPad Mini 4 being highly recommended by other users.

I've totally forgotten about airplane mode, I'll try it out again in the morning with what you've recommended & turn on performance mode on the S7 as well. Thanks again Steve!

Anytime!

Just so you know, I have had DJI products since 2012 to date and 100% IOS user on the P3, inspire 1, P4, P4pro and now Mavic and I have see issues on this IOS over the years.

For 3 years, I have a dedicated iPad mini two for just this reason, flying my DJI birds. No other apps are installed. But over time I have seen DJI break the app on iOS then make improvements .

Even today with the Mavic, use the mini two and on occasion see video issues with the P4. The P4 pro, it's much better. But given that DJI will no longer support the P4 and the old Go app, then I will stay locked with what I have that works with the P4.

On the P4 Pro, I am using the Go 4app with the setting I suggested.

Now and just recently I was given old galaxy for phone from my daughter to use on my Mavic and it it had issues with the downlink video keeping up with the demand of the telemetry. I also notice that when you're recording you increased the demand on the phone or android or IOS device relative to the caching requirements so that's why I shut it off this as well and allow the video to only be saved on the bird and its flash card.

I did a ton of experiments on my android devices, the G4 phone and now my new Nvidia Shilde K1, and I think the older Go app 3.1.5 works the best on both of these devices. But again, use airplane mode on.

I am still experimenting and reporting this issues to DJI like everyone else so DJI will settle on a better app for the number of Android and IOS devices folks are using not listed on the DJI go app support page.

Keep in touch,
Steve

Well I got it today on android 6... But didn't check if there was interference at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78