DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track horseback riding

Locomo

Reactions
Hi

I have bought a Mavic 2 Zoom to create drone footage of horseback riding with the drone hovering directly above the rider. It seems impossible for the drone to follow the rider. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Karsten

Normal riding consists of transitions from walk to trot and canter i.e.. accelerations. When the horse/ rider accelerates they often disappear out of the screen and the message "tracking subject lost" comes.

I ideally wish to lock the camera in a 90 degree downward position and follow the horse/ rider.

You might want to increase the altitude to give it a better chance, or Profile, if you have the room

Reactions: TR Ganey
I thought this only happened on my MA with me being traced on my motorcycle.

Trace 2.0 of MP2 is waaay better than on MA.

In fact starting the tracing further from the rider actually works better

Normal riding consists of transitions from walk to trot and canter i.e.. accelerations. When the horse/ rider accelerates they often disappear out of the screen and the message "tracking subject lost" comes.

I ideally wish to lock the camera in a 90 degree downward position and follow the horse/ rider.
It sounds like you are too close to the rider/horse so increase your altitude a little bit and move back.... if you want to do it 90 degrees going down then just raise your altitude some more