DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New attempted pilot, error with mavic air 2

kellyrose282

Reactions
Hi! My name is Kelly, I bought my Mavic Air 2 in the fall and just pulled it out to try to fly it in anticipation of some overseas humanitarian work and wanted to get some footage at the hospital I’m volunteering at and have a big problem- it says my gimbal is stuck! There is some residue on the gimbal arm- not sure if it was like that when I bought it or if it is corrosion from storage, but the gimbal seems to move freely. I’ve attached a photo of myself (ant the hospital I was hoping to help create footage for, with one of my cute patients!) and of my drone. If anyone has any advice of where I can get this checked out I’d appreciate any pointing in the right direction IMG_3850.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    977.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 4f2b2c05-8ccc-45d0-8044-3e6e15de8ec1.jpeg
    4f2b2c05-8ccc-45d0-8044-3e6e15de8ec1.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 47
Hello from the Crossroads of America kellyrose282.

Nice to meet you Kelly. 🤝

Thank you for helping the little ones. 👍

The camera gimbal is pretty sensitive and it doesn't take much to have an error reported.

Moving the motion of the gimbal GENTLY while powered off may resolve the issue. 🤔

If it is a continuous issue, then DJI may be able to help.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. You will find plenty of support for your effort and leads for your solution.

Thanks. I’ll try gently moving the camera around again, I might have been a little gentle before. I’m worried about that discoloration inside there if anyone else can see it, it doesn’t make sense to me. Also I bought it second hand but new so I’m not sure if DJI would look at it! I got it last fall, but waited to use it until the other week because the Tanzania mission I got it for was postponed. I really appreciate the friendly and gentle advice- the one shop o called told me to read the owners manual haha!

Welcome from Bakersfield and great work!
If you purchased it 2nd hand DJI will still fix it.- But first you should try to re-load the firmware and try to see if it will Calibrate the standard way. That is the second thing I would try: After gently moving it around manually.
If those two won't work you can try Using Python to Calibrate it.- If that won't do it Send it in for repair.

Definitely can see corrosion or something oozzed from somewhere under close up,,also under close up can see a uneven line goin down gimble that's not the seam that almost looks like crack so have a close look at that ,hopefully wrong on that,but dont think so
Makes it funny cause you not even care
Hey I'm a volunteer as well,but dont seek attention, I see a fault,told you,youvwalk off,
Screenshot_20240327-111259_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad and MA2 317
I can't offer any advice on the gimbal problem, but I do want to offer a sincere thankyou and my respect for your volunteer work. I did some support work for a group of doctors and nurses working in El Salvador and I understand a little about the sacrifices you're making to be there. And a little about the wonderful changes you're bringing to so many people.

Welcome to the forum!

You bought used, this is the first time you turned it on?

I'm not going to have much help on that model.

I ask,
Have you ever seen it fly?
Tested the batteries?
I got many more.

Sorry if out of line
But to me does this bird fly?

History has a lot of clues in these problems.

Rod ..

Welcome to the forum! :)

There is some residue on the gimbal arm- not sure if it was like that when I bought it or if it is corrosion from storage, but the gimbal seems to move freely.
Perhaps some kind of repair the previous owner made?

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
I agree with Cafguy, try the firmware route first to see if it clears the error report.

Nice to meet you Kelly. I am in Long Beach, California and I admire your commitment to the upcoming mission.
Your options may be constrained by the calendar. Is this your first drone or are you experienced?
When are you due to leave on your journey? How much time to get that bird flying and then test the whole system (batteries, charger, SD cards, phone-controller etc) do you have?

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to the forum!

You bought used, this is the first time you turned it on?

I'm not going to have much help on that model.

I ask,
Have you ever seen it fly?
Tested the batteries?
I got many more.

Sorry if out of line
But to me does this bird fly?

History has a lot of clues in these problems.

Rod ..
Hi Rod! It flies in my living room! But the camera doesn’t move :(

Reactions: RodPad
Nice to meet you Kelly. I am in Long Beach, California and I admire your commitment to the upcoming mission.
Your options may be constrained by the calendar. Is this your first drone or are you experienced?
When are you due to leave on your journey? How much time to get that bird flying and then test the whole system (batteries, charger, SD cards, phone-controller etc) do you have?
Hi Doug! I realized immediately before this mission so it did not go with me. I just got home a few days ago. I missed the shot this time- but go a couple times per year so hopefully I can get this fixed or sorted out before my return

Greetings From Chicago the Windy City, welcome to the forum.
FLY SAFE & FLY SMART
We have a some very knowledgeable pilots on this forum, hope one of them can assist you.

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too and have already learned a lot, I know you will too!

I don't think I would put that baby's photo on here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd