DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track question

jcardea

Reactions
Tomorrow evening is a traditional tree lighting, there will be about 30 people encircling and 8 foot tree but about 20 feet away from said tree. If I target just the tree will active track remain on target or will it try to re-target some people?

Tomorrow evening is a traditional tree lighting, there will be about 30 people encircling and 8 foot tree but about 20 feet away from said tree. If I target just the tree will active track remain on target or will it try to re-target some people?

Will you set the targeting before or after the lighting? That's the only thing I can see that might be an issue.

My plan is to target prior to lighting and have it circle until it’s turned on. But overall ambient lighting may be problem because this event begins at 5PM which is really close to sunse. If it’s overcast I will not be able to do this

Yes, use GPS, not optical tracking. It may require that you fly directly over the tree to set the POI, but this is something you can do well before the people show up as well (create a LITCHI mission, fer'instance).

Reactions: razoraerial
Well it’s misty raining so I’m not taking any chance besides our sunset is in few minutes and too dark
But looks like in need to install the LITCHI app from looking at several tutorials

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet