DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track return to controller?

notadrop

Reactions
I want to use the Active Track feature while on a bike. What I'm trying to find out is can I program the RTH (return to home) to return to the controller NOT to original start or updated return to home? I've googled and YouTubed but nothing about it being able to return to the controller. Does anyone here know better? Thanks.

Reactions: Paul Harvey
I want to use the Active Track feature while on a bike. What I'm trying to find out is can I program the RTH (return to home) to return to the controller NOT to original start or updated return to home? I've googled and YouTubed but nothing about it being able to return to the controller. Does anyone here know better? Thanks.
What you are asking about is:
Can you have a dynamic home point that will continually update to the position of the controller.
No, that's not possible.
You can update the homepoint manually to the current location of the controller, but there is no dynamic homepoint option.

Can you have a dynamic home point that will continually update to the position of the controller.
No, that's not possible.
You can update the homepoint manually to the current location of the controller, but there is no dynamic homepoint option.
Well thank you. At least now I know! Perhaps a long piece of string instead😁

• Haha
Reactions: Cafguy
Can't be done but grab yourself a bracket for the controller & screen and add it onto the bars on the bike. I have an additional bar coming off the handlebars and have the controller on mount on that. When it comes to the warning saying it wants to RTH just hit cancel on the screen and carry on 👍🏻

That's basically the one I bought. Took a week to arrive. Works well. Cheaper than buying a similar one off fleabay.

Can't be done but grab yourself a bracket for the controller & screen and add it onto the bars on the bike. I have an additional bar coming off the handlebars and have the controller on mount on that. When it comes to the warning saying it wants to RTH just hit cancel on the screen and carry on 👍🏻

That's basically the one I bought. Took a week to arrive. Works well. Cheaper than buying a similar one off fleabay.
Good way to go. Cheers!

Reactions: tokertm
No, that's not possible.
That would make a great feature though. A dynamic RTH. It would be very helpful with people on bikes or boats. The RTH updates would have to be pretty frequent.

Reactions: sdcaver
Since dynamic RTH to the controller is not available as mentioned above, at least set the lost signal behavior to "Hover" so it doesn't head the wrong direction. Agree with the handlebar mount mentioned above, I got a similar one that DC Rainmaker recommended from Amazon. Its good, but I wouldn't trust it with any high intensity riding / trails.

1706380611388.png

Reactions: Amichael
This is something that I want DJI to introduce, but it still not an option. Maybe ask over on the DJI Forum as a feature request.
I think that older drones (Go4 era) had this feature, at least I remember someone showing it to me on his Mavic 2 Pro.

However it is possible to update the homepoint while the drone is in flight from the Safety menu in DJI Fly.

It definitely won't be introduced to the Air 2s now even though it should just be an app modification. They might in the future but it'll probably just be for the newer models.

I have been unable to find a setting for this, although I'm hoping that this might be implemented in a future firmware update🤞🏻
I should think it must be possible, as even my old Mavic Pro Platinum had the dynamic home point feature 🤔

The Mavic Pro & Spark were the only DJI drones that supported Dynamic Home Point.
It's highly unlikely it will ever come back, just like Course Lock, Home Lock & GPS Follow Me.

The Litchi app has a Dynamic Home Point setting/switch, however Litchi does not support DJI's Active Track, it has GPS Follow Me (Follow) however.

Here's an example of a MTB handlebar extender with powerbank capability:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member