DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track with Snowmobiles

Hello. Have you got to track snowmobiles. I can't get it to follow the snowmobile.

Hello. Have you got to track snowmobiles. I can't get it to follow the snowmobile.
People, cars, and boats is what the algorithm is looking for. Snowmobiles, not so much. However, try making the person on the snowmobile stand out from the background by wearing brightly contrasting colors. Might help in using the people tracking portion of the algorithm.

Last edited:
Mavic 3 will definitely track a boat, I did it yesterday. I got it to stay right along side at 25-27 mph. After that it started falling behind but still tracked us. When I slowed back down it moved back into position. I had it track me under a bridge and it flew through the bridge columns like a motorcycle cone test. Had me puckered up quite a bit but I wanted to see what it would do flying sideways. It did a weird distance hunting thing where it would come towards the boat and then back away towards the end of the tracking.. that's what got it in trouble with the bridge columns but it went behind them and re locked when it came back out. It's kinda wild watching it fly sideways at 25 mph.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Im not a fan of the active track nor the video that comes from it, Its boring.

Your better off to place the drone in the Optimum position for your ride, and if you do something with action in it , you will have your drone in the best spot to capture it.

in other words once the thrill of a drone struggling to keep up with you is over, its time to get serious and plot your course for the best action shots.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Pouring Rain and Snow
It's hard to be the STAR of your own video when you have to control both machines.. lol

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11