DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track?

R1Mavic

Reactions
Is there a way to have the drone circle the subject it's tracking? Have the subject coming at the drone instead of away from it?

Active track tends to loose the object if the object is moving too fast or the object passes too quickly.

Try Follow Me mode with a device that has built in GPS like cellphones.

Active Track does not do well attempting to track something while flying backward (in front of the moving subject). There is always some lag in tracking. If the Mavic is in front of the object this means that the subject can easily get directly under the Mavic before the Mavic reacts. The Mavic tends to loose the subject when this happens. Best tracking is when the Mavic is following the subject.

Reactions: R1Mavic
1) Is there a way to have the drone circle the subject it's tracking?
Yes -- choose the first mode of Active Track. You'll see a curved slider in the bottom center of the screen. Pull that slider left or right and the drone will circle you as it tracks you.
2) Have the subject coming at the drone instead of away from it?
Yes -- Like anything else it takes some practice -- you have to learn things like how fast you can move, and that you basically can't have anything like a power line or branch break the line of sight. But it can be done. Here's a very silly little video of myself bicycling. All made with the Mavic Air in Active Track.

Mavic Air Bike.mp4

Finally, the suggestion above to use "Follow Me" unfortunately won't work with Mavic Air. It doesn't have that feature.

Reactions: R1Mavic and zezrum
Yes -- choose the first mode of Active Track. You'll see a curved slider in the bottom center of the screen. Pull that slider left or right and the drone will circle you as it tracks you.
Yes -- Like anything else it takes some practice -- you have to learn things like how fast you can move, and that you basically can't have anything like a power line or branch break the line of sight. But it can be done. Here's a very silly little video of myself bicycling. All made with the Mavic Air in Active Track.

Mavic Air Bike.mp4

Finally, the suggestion above to use "Follow Me" unfortunately won't work with Mavic Air. It doesn't have that feature.

Mavic Air Bike.mp4

Can I ask you a question in regards to your biking video? I noticed that while you were riding on that bike/walk path you rode by a few folks walking or jogging. One thing that stood out was NONE of them looked up at the drone. Did they not see or hear it?

Reactions: R1Mavic
Can I ask you a question in regards to your biking video? I noticed that while you were riding on that bike/walk path you rode by a few folks walking or jogging. One thing that stood out was NONE of them looked up at the drone. Did they not see or hear it?

Well, people are more oblivious than you'd think. Also some people would look at the drone, and then look at me to figure out what the drone was filming, and that's the part you saw on the video.

Well, people are more oblivious than you'd think. Also some people would look at the drone, and then look at me to figure out what the drone was filming, and that's the part you saw on the video.
Thanks...

Mavic Air Bike.mp4

You're right! I was thinking Mavic Pro. Great little bike ride video. You should have bopped your head up and down while riding and done some fist pumps to match the iambic pentameter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras