DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ActiveTrack Question re. speed surge on rotation

KiterTodd

Reactions
Below is a short clip showing some rotation behavior I’m trying to better plan for. It’s happened before so it isn’t a one time bug...

In this example I’m following a slow moving vehicle up a gradual hill. It was tracking fine for a while and then I moved the rotation slider a small amount to the right. I don’t recall the speed... but it was about 25% of the right side of the arc. I believe this will set the speed of which the M2 will rotate around the object it’s following. (or possible just lets it swing out to a fixed side viewing angle ?)

When I do this there is a long lag and then the M2 surges very quickly around, stops adjusting its altitude, comes close to the vehicle and almost hits a street sign. I think side impact is off in this mode so I was lucky to catch it in time and stop the swing.

Is the M2 behaving odd or am I flying it incorrectly? I wanted to switch to a side panning shot as we went up the hill. Although, I would have been happy with a slow rotating 360 also (which is what I think the control is supposed to do).

The last time this occurred I was hiking (i.e. moving slow) and the M2 swung around just like this and hit a tree. So I should probably figure this out. [emoji3]

Thanks for any tips on how to shoot this correctly.

Pinging my own thread here to see if anyone has noticed this anomaly.

Perhaps this should be moved to the "Mavic 2 Pro" board which gets more traffic and is the craft I was flying. ?

As I am still confused by this behavior, I avoided this type of Active Track on my trip as I didn't want to run into any trees or other obstacles.

THANK YOU for any tips on this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga