DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding electronics to the Mavic Air 2

You guys make me wish for an open-architecture drone system in which the user could install 3rd party or scratch-built modules to enhance whichever characteristic(s) are desired: range, speed, carrying capacity, fly time, remotely controllable lighting, PA, sound monitoring, etc.

Think of the possibilities!

You guys make me wish for an open-architecture drone system in which the user could install 3rd party or scratch-built modules to enhance whichever characteristic(s) are desired: range, speed, carrying capacity, fly time, remotely controllable lighting, PA, sound monitoring, etc.

Think of the possibilities!

What your referring to is the build yourself FPV drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hauptmann
I've been exploring something similar with my MA2 as well and came across this:

Mavic Air 2 Payload Release - Simple, Easy & Affordable | Finish-Tackle (finish-tackle.com)

It uses a fiber optic cable triggered by the LED on the bottom of the drone. Might be possible to connect a photoresistor to a Raspberry Pi?

I’ve seen something like that before - it’s a good idea, my only issue with it is that you need an external battery rather than the one in the drone

Reactions: dave27
Interesting write up. please post any accessories you develop to use the power outputs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N