DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adjustable Panorama??

G Lee

Reactions
I'm flying a Air2s. I was wondering if you could adjust the shots of a Pano to see more sky. If anybody can point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• dji_export_1655428362583.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 13
I'm flying a Air2s. I was wondering if you could adjust the shots of a Pano to see more sky. If anybody can point me in the right direction.
If you use the automated panorama feature, it does it all for you.
But if you shoot the panorama manually and stitch it yourself, you have full control to choose how much sky you want.

Manual is the way to go, and use something like Adobe Light-room which takes a few seconds for that to work its magic.

If however you want to do it with the Drone it self,, you need to go higher and change your framing of the Picture.

I have found that the best part of the sky is captured , However the Sky can get boring quickly but if you lighten up those Shadow areas , the picture gains much more depth . Lightroom is your Friend.

2022-06-17_02h12_34.png

2022-06-17_02h10_49.png

Something I have learned being on the Forum. aka @Dale D

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
If you use the automated panorama feature, it does it all for you.
But if you shoot the panorama manually and stitch it yourself, you have full control to choose how much sky you want.
Thx for replying.
So there is no adj in auto mode. I've never shot Pano manually. Have to try it. Just trying to getore sky less earth. Thx again

Thx for replying.
So there is no adj in auto mode. I've never shot Pano manually. Have to try it. Just trying to getore sky less earth. Thx again
No adjustment , but the Manual mode is very easy with the Adobe Light Room and its only a few clicks and your done, Its hard to go back to Auto when you can wait for the wind to die down and take the Shot, this is a huge advantage now for us Storm Chasers to get the perfect shots.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
2021-07-25_05h43_00.png

To get more sky, simply raise your gimbal!
This image has all of the hallmarks of high dynamic range- the exposure is for the sky and he foreground is underexposed. I tried to correct this here in this example. Click to enlarge.
Original.jpgEdited in ACR.jpg

This image has all of the hallmarks of high dynamic range- the exposure is for the sky and he foreground is underexposed. I tried to correct this here in this example. Click to enlarge.
View attachment 150257View attachment 150258
View attachment 150257View attachment 150258
Thx dale for the reply.
But the Air2s in auto Pano has no way of adj. for more sky or even starting level.

No adjustment , but the Manual mode is very easy with the Adobe Light Room and its only a few clicks and your done, Its hard to go back to Auto when you can wait for the wind to die down and take the Shot, this is a huge advantage now for us Storm Chasers to get the perfect shots.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
View attachment 150248
Thx for reply. Great shot BTW. That's exactly what I'm looking for , more sky and less ground. Mine seem to start out lower than the horizon.

Manual is the way to go, and use something like Adobe Light-room which takes a few seconds for that to work its magic.

If however you want to do it with the Drone it self,, you need to go higher and change your framing of the Picture.

I have found that the best part of the sky is captured , However the Sky can get boring quickly but if you lighten up those Shadow areas , the picture gains much more depth . Lightroom is your Friend.

View attachment 150233

View attachment 150232

Something I have learned being on the Forum. aka @Dale D

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Thx for reply. That's looks great. I just wish auto mode for Pano started out where I point the gimbal.

Thx dale for the reply.
But the Air2s in auto Pano has no way of adj. for more sky or even starting level.
That shows you I know absolutely nothing about the Air 2 S. Is there no upward gimbal adjustment in the settings?

Thx dale for the reply.
I find myself not doing any automated panoramas. I usually do manual shots as I have detailed in this forum several times. If anyone wants a rebate, let me know.

Thx for reply. That's looks great. I just wish auto mode for Pano started out where I point the gimbal.
Yes- and I just submitted the edited and unedited versions.
Dale

No sir not that I can find.
without getting out and setting up my M2P or M3 I recall there was a gimbal setting that allowed full 60 degree upward elevation-probably not in the software of the Air 2S I guess. Just do the manual 3-4 frame,30% overlapped images using the grid and processing Lightroom or Photoshop. To make the foregrounds pop, use the masking tool.
Dale

No sir not that I can find.
Your camera has an 88° (diagonal) field of view so pointing straight ahead at 0° you see 28.5° above the horizon.
The gimbal can tilt 24° above the horizon, so you can see 52.5° above the horizon.

It's a simple matter to manually shoot a panorama showing plenty of sky.
Shoot overlapping images, showing as much sky as you want.
If desired, you can even shoot a second row for more foreground.
Assemble the panorama from the individual images with stitching software.
i-RpkKjp5-L.jpg

i-g7rrQ4M-X3.jpg

Your camera has an 88° (diagonal) field of view so pointing straight ahead at 0° you see 28.5° above the horizon.
The gimbal can tilt 24° above the horizon, so you can see 52.5° above the horizon.

It's a simple matter to manually shoot a panorama showing plenty of sky.
Shoot overlapping images, showing as much sky as you want.
If desired, you can even shoot a second row for more foreground.
Assemble the panorama from the individual images with stitching software.
i-RpkKjp5-L.jpg

i-g7rrQ4M-X3.jpg
Thx for reply and explanation.
I will give it a try.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661