DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adjusting contrast/sharpness/WB etc.

Detroit

Reactions
What are the best settings for flying in the winter? I got my mavic on black Friday and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

What are the best settings for flying in the winter? I got my mavic on black Friday and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions.
Howdy from Wyoming Detroit, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Someone should be along with insight on your question.

Your question is open ended because there are no one manipulation of settings that will work for everything. There are basic rules for smooth video like shutter speed should equal twice your frame rate. You'll need ND Filters especially if shooting bright white snow or on sunny days. White balance can be set to auto but you face the prospect of it shifting depending on the scene so a custom white balance setting would be best.

I prefer to shoot 2.7k 30 but only because I can't shoot 2.7k 60. If you don't think you'll need to crop any of the footage I would use FULL HD 60 so you can get smooth slo mo if needed. I don't know what else to offer because you haven't really provided much info about your conditions.

Reactions: Rauli Oinonen
If you don't think you'll need to crop any of the footage I would use FULL HD 60 so you can get smooth slo mo if needed.
1080p at 60fps is terrible with the Mavic's camera because of a hardware problem. Really unusable. The setting might be better if the OP has a Platinum, which supposedly fixes the issue.

Got it, I'm buying some ND filters around Christmas time, so I'll experiment with them

Your question is open ended because there are no one manipulation of settings that will work for everything. There are basic rules for smooth video like shutter speed should equal twice your frame rate. You'll need ND Filters especially if shooting bright white snow or on sunny days. White balance can be set to auto but you face the prospect of it shifting depending on the scene so a custom white balance setting would be best.

I prefer to shoot 2.7k 30 but only because I can't shoot 2.7k 60. If you don't think you'll need to crop any of the footage I would use FULL HD 60 so you can get smooth slo mo if needed. I don't know what else to offer because you haven't really provided much info about your conditions.
Thanks for the response. I'm definitely gonna get some ND filters. I'll pick up on the settings as I become more experienced.

Reactions: Rauli Oinonen

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki