DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

advantage of having the RE version of Goggles over the standard non RE version for Mavic Air

I am just trying to discover if there will be any advantage of Goggles RE - or I simply overpaid? Adventage over the Version 1?

And another thing - how shall I start with Mavic air connection to Goggle RE. What shall I do- aircraft is set-up already without propellers at home.

Hello. I know already how to connect- my question there is a sumulator in DJI App and it works but what terrain is always flat there? Oś there any influence on this?

I am just trying to discover if there will be any advantage of Goggles RE - or I simply overpaid? Adventage over the Version 1?

And another thing - how shall I start with Mavic air connection to Goggle RE. What shall I do- aircraft is set-up already without propellers at home.
Look at this link: https://www.drone-world.com/dji-goggles-vs-dji-goggles-re are advantages, but not worth the extra $’s,
But that’s just me. I’m sure you’ll be happy with them.

You need to enable it in the "slide down" menu.

Could you please exactly tell me a path where? I think I could find only the speed adjustment but by default it does not work - where is this enable?

First make connection to RC, then once in the air, unplug your phone, and connect from RC micro usb to goggle micro usb.

RE’s are supposed to have less lag in video, but my research lead me to original version. Don’t see that big of difference for the money. I don’t notice ANY lag to be honest...and I don’t race my Air. I’m more into the photography options the Air gives me.
Enjoy!

Reactions: MikeMauk
The maximum distance the Mavic Air will fly when the remote control is connected to the RE goggles is limited to only 50m.

Since Mavic Air does not use Occusync to transmit the video signal to the goggles and since you cannot connect the goggles and a smartphone/mobile controller to the Mavic remote controller simultaneously, the restriction to 720p video resolution within max 50m flight radius severely limits the fun.

Unfortunately, the use of goggles with the Mavic Air is not really practical.
Thank you very much for that information, that is the answer I was looking for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato