DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advantages of Mavic Pro vs Mavic Air

Storyline

Reactions
I bought my Mavic Pro on the spur of the moment as Amazon were promoting their new same day service and had an incredible deal on the Fly More package. I had less than an hour to order so I had a quick look at the Mavic Air but I think I must have got the wrong end of the stick as I thought range was limited to WiFi signal power.

Now I have renewed interest in the Air having seen the favourable comparisons of image quality vs the new Mavic Pro 2. So in what way is the original Mavic Pro superior to the Mavic Air ? I realise it has better flight time and being heavier is probably better able to cope with wind but is there anything else ?

Maybe another way of looking at it would be to ask - in what way is the Mavic Air inferior to the Mavic Pro ?

Ocusync on the the pro is pricless you will be disapointed in the range of the pro VS the Air!!!

Reactions: Kilrah
Yup u will be kicking yourself in the behind! I love my air. But again i always go back to my pro

Thanks for the replies guys :)
I was beginning to give up as there was silence for a couple of days and so I put a similar post on the Air sub-forum and that also has been ignored !

I have obviously now read the Air specs and realise I was wrong about being limited to wifi range. I just wanted to make sure I had not missed something obvious. So just to be clear the Air has a tx/rx range in excess of 1km but it is just the video signal that is only by wifi - is that correct ? If so, then it would not be that limiting in the UK as we have to always fly LOS. If you lose the video presumably you have to just fly using the controller. I think I get the point about Occusync though and although I do not fully understand it I think it gives low latency, long range robust tx/rx with video and for one thing can be used as comms with the Goggles at the same time as having a video signal on the app - is that broadly correct ?

not really bud but the air has good range.. just not mavic pro range..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ