Advantages of using RC PRO with mavic 3

No wires
No having to make sure your phone is charged
Very bright screen
Better build quality and feel

C1 and C2 customizable buttons.
Separate video and photo buttons.
Two-step photo shutter button to focus.

It is just really convenient and you launch faster.

Last but not the least, you look cool!

Also not mentioned here, is that the RC Pro does have a higher transmit power and better antenna system, so in some situations it will net better signal quality and penetration over the RCN1, This of course would translate to better range in many situations.

I returned my Mavic 3 because the GPS was very slow to pick up satellites.. never used the Pro RC. but I have used the smart controller.
The Mavic 3 is my first drone. I wanted to buy a leading edge drone in this price point. I looked at every drone I could research.

I have logged 60 flights so far with the Mavic 3, from a few minutes to 19 minutes. I have captured outstanding still images rivaling what I do with my Nikon d810. I have also captured eye popping video clips, although I have another learning curve in processing in Premier Pro. I am very used to Abode as I have subscribed to the Suite for years, but I have never processed video in Prrmier Pro before this.

I am very happy that I did not give in to the beginning frustrations with the Mavic 3.
From what I am seeing this morning with the latest updates I have the right drone. I have a challenging learning curve ahead of me, but this is definitely a drone I can sink my teeth onto and enjoy for a while.

I will more than likely acquire the RC PRO control.

Holy Cow- I already have all of this with my Mavic 2 Pro!!! Ant the RC came with the drone without an extra $1200 charge.

But it did come at a higher price than the non-SC package did, so your argument is not valid. I've had both the M2P/SC and now the M3/RCP, and have been happy with both. The price was worth it to me, as it is to others.

I've got to be honest I also have the M2P with the Smart Controller & now have added the Mavic 3 with RC Pro, I can feel & see a noticeable difference in processing power with the RC Pro, the SC was good but you could tell it was a small processor that could not do too much, it was sometimes laggy & the amount of random crashes of software became so often to me while flying the M2P that I got used to it & just reloaded & carried on unfazed, now after using the RC Pro with the DJI Fly app, it is so responsive & I have not had one single app crash, its everything the SC should have been, its a definite keeper for me, plus the range is better by far.

Exactly, the standard controller should never have been paired with the Mavic 3! The RC Pro gets you back to the basic features that should be on any controller for the Mavic 3.

I didn’t realize how much I used the C1 and C2 buttons on my P4P’s until they weren’t there on the toy controller!

Holy Cow- I already have all of this with my Mavic 2 Pro!!! Ant the RC came with the drone without an extra $1200 charge.

Reactions: EagleHead
I need to add this. I have been VERY Pro RC Pro, lol. But just got the rug pulled out from under, so to speak. If the following is not an issue for you that is your decision. I am really angry right about now. Here is why:

More BAD. Really really bad in my opinion. Sorry about some duplication here on threads. I just wanted to get the word out. I promised support I would pass along my discovery when I figured this out. I did NOT expect what I discovered.

Houston, we have a problem. DJI Support could not help me enable and use Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. They kept asking me to do stuff, like "Forget the drone Wi-Fi AP/SSID" in Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE. Run "Reset Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE, and so on. This is not the first time I have had to patiently explain to support that RC Pro does not use a phone. There's not one single rep I have spoken to in first level that really knows what the RC Pro is. So now that we get this great, massive FW Update, V01.00.0500, RC Pro FW v03.01.0500 and 2 updates of DJI Fly 1.5.8 (there was a second, higher build number released today) - and we get Sdcard as primary storage, the next thing is to get better than 5 MB/s Download SPEED. Its way too slow.

Guess what? RC Pro Owners: There will be NO Quick Transfer for you. DJI posted another update to the User Manual V1.4:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3/DJI_Mavic_3_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Go to Page 31 and you get THIS lovely surprise:
Quick Trans.JPG

Really? REALLY DJI? I am flipping furious. This is not a statement that's in any way ambiguous. Its end game and out. You mean MINI 2 Users can transfer at 80 MB/s and my $4400 USD Mavic 3 rig CANNOT do so, and won't do so? They better try and find a way or I'll be asking for a full refund for all of it. I will not keep any of this if this is where we are with the "Pro" controller that I had to buy separately outside of a Fly More. With a willingness to wait for features, knowing that DJI in general delivers on performance claims.

NOT happy. I have reached out to DJI support and copied SALES as well. Marketing needs to take any reference to IPV6 80 MB/s Transfer claim DOWN or put a huge asterisk saying "Except if you buy the hugely marked up Smart Controller Refresh.

Reactions: bonzo
Thsnk you all for your input here. This is very helpfill to me. 😊
Very quick setup time. I turn the drone on when ever I get to where I'm shooting. By the time I turn the remote on and get set up, the gps is all locked in and I'm ready to go. I love having the rc pro. The screen is bright, high quality picture, and like the others have said, no cables, no phone issues. I believe the rc pro will be less expensive with the new combo kit pricing to be released soon.

I need to add this. I have been VERY Pro RC Pro, lol. But just got the rug pulled out from under, so to speak. If the following is not an issue for you that is your decision. I am really angry right about now. Here is why:

More BAD. Really really bad in my opinion. Sorry about some duplication here on threads. I just wanted to get the word out. I promised support I would pass along my discovery when I figured this out. I did NOT expect what I discovered.

Houston, we have a problem. DJI Support could not help me enable and use Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. They kept asking me to do stuff, like "Forget the drone Wi-Fi AP/SSID" in Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE. Run "Reset Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE, and so on. This is not the first time I have had to patiently explain to support that RC Pro does not use a phone. There's not one single rep I have spoken to in first level that really knows what the RC Pro is. So now that we get this great, massive FW Update, V01.00.0500, RC Pro FW v03.01.0500 and 2 updates of DJI Fly 1.5.8 (there was a second, higher build number released today) - and we get Sdcard as primary storage, the next thing is to get better than 5 MB/s Download SPEED. Its way too slow.

Guess what? RC Pro Owners: There will be NO Quick Transfer for you. DJI posted another update to the User Manual V1.4:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mavic_3/DJI_Mavic_3_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Go to Page 31 and you get THIS lovely surprise:
Quick Trans.JPG

Really? REALLY DJI? I am flipping furious. This is not a statement that's in any way ambiguous. Its end game and out. You mean MINI 2 Users can transfer at 80 MB/s and my $4400 USD Mavic 3 rig CANNOT do so, and won't do so? They better try and find a way or I'll be asking for a full refund for all of it. I will not keep any of this if this is where we are with the "Pro" controller that I had to buy separately outside of a Fly More. With a willingness to wait for features, knowing that DJI in general delivers on performance claims.

NOT happy. I have reached out to DJI support and copied SALES as well. Marketing needs to take any reference to IPV6 80 MB/s Transfer claim DOWN or put a huge asterisk saying "Except if you buy the hugely marked up Smart Controller Refresh.
Take the micro sd card out and put it in your computer. It will copy as fast as your card speed. Not trying to be rude but, it's pretty simple

Reactions: maggior and Coskier
Old school, always power on the remote first, then the aircraft. If the aircraft electronics wack out and it tries to take off or something undesired, you have the possibility of getting control or shutting it down before there is any "damage".

In seven years of flying DJI UAVs, I have never encountered such a scenario, but I now follow that procedure by habit.

Very quick setup time. I turn the drone on when ever I get to where I'm shooting. By the time I turn the remote on and get set up, the gps is all locked in and I'm ready to go.

I take the props off. With the Mavic 3 Cine, you have to have the drone powered on to retrieve the files from the SSD, it isn't removable. That's why I said "get set up" :). I also build and fly fav 5" with powerful motors. I always take the props off to work in Betaflight with the battery connected. But you are absolutely right!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson