DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice from the Brains Trust

FlyingTom

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I'm weighing up my options and seek the expert advice of the forum. I've been lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading many threads. Now unfortunately I come to post my own issue... I have researched both the issue and resolutions from previous threads on the forum. I'm looking for the best way forward. Hopefully avoiding a 12 week turnaround for a return to DJI. Basically I have the "Disconnected" issue:

DJI GO 4 displays "Disconnected" in these conditions -
a. In a poor reception area (9 times out of 10)
b. Using the stock DJI Cable
c. Using an iPhone 7 Plus, though other phones seem affected
d. Anywhere from immediately to 10 minutes into a flight
e. Notably when the phone attempts to get data (i.e. load maps)

Resolutions, provided by other threads -
a. Send back the Mavic Pro to DJI for a mainboard replacement (unconfirmed, two cases noted)
b. Switch the phone into "Aeroplane Mode" (Tested, works)
c. Use the original Apple Cable (Tested, works)
My suspicion is that the cable is poorly shielded causing RFI from the phone. Notably, when in a poor reception area, where the phone increases its transmitting power. My question is, should I return the Mavic Pro to DJI - or do you guys feel this will be of little help? Perhaps because its a software issue or a design fault (i.e. bad cable shielding).

I can work around the issue. Such as flying in "aeroplane mode" or using the original Apple cable. But ultimately I'd like to fly the Mavic Pro without these workarounds. Thanks guys... should I send it in?

Reactions: Ed_2020
Didn't bother sending mine in, the stock cable is crap, replaced mine with an Anbee 9cm micro USB to lightning cable, no disconnects since. Cheap on amazon and saves having no mavic. While awaiting delivery just use your iPhone cable to the USB port. Hth

Thanks Guys, If the Anbee work's fine for you Mike this indicates a poorly designed cable. I've ordered two Anbee'sThumbswayup

How is everyone else flying, just not in poor reception areas to notice this issue....?

Reactions: Mike357
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damead