DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice on new regs mavic mini 1

Avfc

Reactions
Hi all,any advice on where to register my mavic mini 1.if I dont register today,do i miss out on where I can fly,I'm new to the site,never owned a drone before.will it cost any money to register. Very confused as what to do,Amy help greatly appreciated.im in the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Just got operators I'd,but it didn't request me to do any tests I'm only a hobbyist, still confused.

Just got operators I'd,but it didn't request me to do any tests I'm only a hobbyist, still confused.
Now you need a flyer ID too - that’s where the test is.

Does anyone have a list of answers?
It’s a bunch of random questions so there are thousands of possible combinations. You’ll have to do what everyone else does and learn the rules and regulations I’m afraid.

It’s a bunch of random questions so there are thousands of possible combinations. You’ll have to do what everyone else does and learn the rules and regulations I’m afraid.
Im sure youre well aware of the restrictions. From the old versus new differences I read additional competency (testing) required in some cases. Youre saying required testing across the board? If it has a camera youve got to be certified to fly? Blymy :oops:

Im sure youre well aware of the restrictions. From the old versus new differences I read additional competency (testing) required in some cases. Youre saying required testing across the board? If it has a camera youve got to be certified to fly? Blymy :oops:
Yes, if your drone has a camera you need to register and take the test regardless of weight.

Thanks for posting this, as it shows the answer to the question, but there appears to be conflicting advice on this thread.
the MM1/M2 drone is sub 250g so does NOT require remote pilot competence (the test), but as they have a camera they DO need to be registered (£9 pa fee).
You don’t have to take the test. But, it’s free and the CAA recommend it for all flyers. It’s also a good way for people to learn the rules - so I’ll always tell people they should, especially this time of year with lots of new flyers. You’d be amazed the amount of folk that don’t bother seeing if there are any rules.

Last edited:
Yes, if your drone has a camera you need to register and take the test regardless of weight.
I see that now. A 300 pound sociopath (1:1000, sociopaths) with a camera is cleared to mingle in an assembly but a 250g (0.55#) drone is restricted. Im just saying, EU does weird shitz.

Reactions: Cagey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph