DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice Please. Mavic 2 Pro Mission - Go4 or Litchi?

I’d be very interested in the procedure required to install Litchi onto the Smart Controller if you could share or point to a resource please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Install Amazon app store on SC using the SC web-browser.
(or you could also get the Amazon app store .sdk on PC etc and transfer to SC)
Buy/install Litchi from Amazon app store.
I use both Litchi and GO.
When switching between the 2, force stop the other to avoid conflicts.
Especially if using Litchi, then switching to GO.
First, force stop Litchi app, then also force stop the Amazon App store app as it loads also when launching Litchi on the SC

Last edited:
You might note that not a single person has supported your contention.
A contention is an argument. I’m not arguing, I just asked a simple question, which was ‘why do people use litchi’. Or what functions do they find superior to DJIs software. Look up the word contention buddy.

A contention is an argument. I’m not arguing, I just asked a simple question, which was ‘why do people use litchi’. Or what functions do they find superior to DJIs software. Look up the word contention buddy.
I did. I do not agree with your statement. What were you trying to prove here?

I have something to say to all you guys who suggested Litchi over Go4!

WOW!!! Thank you for forcing me to make my mind up once and for all. This morning I completed x3 missions (each of around 15 mins) I have been planning for a few days and they have turned out amazingly. There is no way I could have achieved similar results by me flying alone. What an amazing piece of kit the M2P is, especially when paired with Litchi. Just need to learn other aspects of Litchi and I'm more than happy. The best twenty quid I have ever spent.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Well, I’ve done it. My first Litchi mission (warning, it is the whole mission with no sound). I will edit it down at a later date but would value opinions. I also have a question for those who know.
What is the best way to remove the slight ‘jerk’ of the gimbal (examples at 5.44, 7.19 and especially at 11.11)?
Really appreciate a definitive answer.
Bloody love Litchi !!

What is the best way to remove the slight ‘jerk’ of the gimbal (examples at 5.44, 7.19 and especially at 11.11)?
I am only a few months into flying with Litchi, but I’ve seen the jerky motion at waypoints, too. So I check a few Mission Settings:
  • Path Mode — Curved Turns in IOS (it appears you have that setting); Waypoint Defined in Android.
  • Default Gimbal Pitch Mode — Focus POI (I believe you’re at that setting too)
  • Heading — Custom (the Auto setting seems to cause the jerky movement)
I‘ve also observed that big sways from one POI to another can cause the gimbal shake, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with movement at 5:44. For all three scenes, it appears to happen when flying closely over a POI, and the gimbal seems to shake when the camera bottoms-out on its gimbal‘s downward max position. I have found that resetting my mission to fly further from POIs minimizes or eliminates that shake.

I’ll follow to read definitive answers from more seasoned Litchi flyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: scdronemedia
I am only a few months into flying with Litchi, but I’ve seen the jerky motion at waypoints, too. So I check a few Mission Settings:
  • Path Mode — Curved Turns in IOS (it appears you have that setting); Waypoint Defined in Android.
  • Default Gimbal Pitch Mode — Focus POI (I believe you’re at that setting too)
  • Heading — Custom (the Auto setting seems to cause the jerky movement)
I‘ve also observed that big sways from one POI to another can cause the gimbal shake, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with movement at 5:44. For all three scenes, it appears to happen when flying closely over a POI, and the gimbal seems to shake when the camera bottoms-out on its gimbal‘s downward max position. I have found that resetting my mission to fly further from POIs minimizes or eliminates that shake.

I’ll follow to read definitive answers from more seasoned Litchi flyers.
Thank you for your reply. I will relook at the missions.

If one wants even more control than Litchi, look in to Dronelink. It is free for non-commercial use and one can set up more complex missions with features Litchi does not offer.

If one wants even more control than Litchi, look in to Dronelink. It is free for non-commercial use and one can set up more complex missions with features Litchi does not offer.

Seeing $20 one-time fee for hobbyists on dronelink.com. Am I looking at the right thing?

Seeing $20 one-time fee for hobbyists on dronelink.com. Am I looking at the right thing?

That is it, I have heard that they just started a fee. Well worth it if you really enjoy creating and using complex autonomous mission with complete control.

Reactions: GarthH
That is the one; I just heard that they started charging a fee. Well worth it IMO if one enjoys creating and using complex autonomous mission with a high degree of control.

FB pages.

and there is a DL users group

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman