DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADVISE PLEASE

Reactions
Hi all first off I haven’t flown my mp in about 4 months I charged all batteries tonight for a flight tomorrow. I was going to have a flight tonight to check why my gutters are leaking but I’m to close to prestwick airport:(. When I turned the drone on and connected it up the only update was for NFZ I would have thought there would have been a firmware update but couldn’t find anything, is there a way to check manually for updates? And how do I do it? The last firmware updat was last December 2017

Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

If you are not required to update, don't, including the NFZ. Updates sometimes turn a flying Mavic into a door stop. First see what the update offers that you do not have. Then you can decide whether the update is worth the risk. I have not updated in over a year.

If you are not required to update, don't, including the NFZ. Updates sometimes turn a flying Mavic into a door stop. First see what the update offers that you do not have. Then you can decide whether the update is worth the risk. I have not updated in over a year.
Well, There has been claims that Firmware updates ruin things. BUT it never effects everyone. So that is suspect.
If there is a required update needed, dont worry, the Mavic or device will let you know.!

Reactions: Dycie-ayrshire1
Well, There has been claims that Firmware updates ruin things. BUT it never effects everyone. So that is suspect...
You are absolutely right. I am sure the vast majority of users are running the latest updates without problems. Because it happened to me and others, I am just saying that there is a possibility that an update can make a working setup unusable so you should first see what you stand to gain before you update.

Reactions: Clinton1
You are absolutely right. I am sure the vast majority of users are running the latest updates without problems. Because it happened to me and others, I am just saying that there is a possibility that an update can make a working setup unusable so you should first see what you stand to gain before you update.

So what happens if it becomes unusable then will dji fix the issue?

So what happens if it becomes unusable then will dji fix the issue?
No. DJI caused the issue. The normal procedure is to delete and reinstall Go 4 and if that does not work then delete and install an older Go 4 version.

In my case my MP flew without problems one day and the next the video display was so pixelated it was unusable. Turned out that Go 4 updated automatically and the new version would not work with my tablet. I used Dumldore to install a version that worked, turned off auto-updates, fly in airplane mode, and it has worked since.

I don't want to turn this into an update or not thread, but I updated once (it took an hour) and that was enough for me. I don't even use Go4 anymore. I'm still on 1.0400 which works just fine and I can still roll back further easily enough if I want control of more settings. That being said, if you are going to update, the worst time to do it is right before you want to fly.

Reactions: Mossiback
... if you are going to update, the worst time to do it is right before you want to fly.
Absolutely right. Especially not right before you really need to fly; as in a scheduled event like a wedding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys