DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Aerial Tour of the San Rafael Swell, crazy cool, giant, striped, rock formations!

On my drive home from Las Vegas I just could not resist the opportunity to fly through this amazing place!
Hi Karl,
four words: amazing, outstanding, fantastic, magnificent!
I also would have stopped to shoot the incredible rock formations, what a wonderful place, wow!
thanks for sharing ?? cheers Paul

Although I am from Ontario, most of my flying has been in Utah - I love the high desert and once the border reopens, I plan another trip. Well done - excellent video showing off the beauty of the Swell. Great music too!

Nice and thanks for sharing.

On my drive home from Las Vegas I just could not resist the opportunity to fly through this amazing place!

Is that near Grand Junction? Driven 70 many times - from Denver and GJ to Moab and beyond - but does not look familiar.

Another great one, Karlewski. Enjoyed every minute of it. Nice colors. You had a nice overcast day which provides some nice soft and even, shadow free lighting on the rocks and dark spaces.
Dale
Miami

I so appreciate your support and praise guys, it's great motivation for me. I am here for you guys too if you want to chat technique, share shoot location ideas and offer critical reviews to help each other grow further.
The Swell is about 80 miles west of Grand Junction on I-70. . . . The light was definitely friendly as far as minimal required dynamic range is concerned, the shadows there would have been real rough, sunrise with clouds reflecting from the west would be idea, I think for soft even lighting. . . . the overcast did seem to hurt the colors a bit until it opened up some on the last scenes. I had more footage from a different visit that was CRAZY! but was lost in a hard drive crash.
Dale, I have been working with the new POCKET 2! WOW, nice images, a bit weak in the dynamic range department but overall I'm happy, very happy with the colors! I did a shoot yesterday were I ran into some incredible graffiti and all I could think of was your great video of that! Man did those colors POP from the Pocket 2! Coming soon, not my best video but great to learn more about, lighting, editing, grading, and just having something fun to do! The climb up this super narrow canyon that was SO SLIPPERY, wet shoes on finely water polished steep Basalt chutes, OMG, like a water slide!

I so appreciate your support and praise guys, it's great motivation for me. I am here for you guys too if you want to chat technique, share shoot location ideas and offer critical reviews to help each other grow further.
The Swell is about 80 miles west of Grand Junction on I-70. . . . The light was definitely friendly as far as minimal required dynamic range is concerned, the shadows there would have been real rough, sunrise with clouds reflecting from the west would be idea, I think for soft even lighting. . . . the overcast did seem to hurt the colors a bit until it opened up some on the last scenes. I had more footage from a different visit that was CRAZY! but was lost in a hard drive crash.
Dale, I have been working with the new POCKET 2! WOW, nice images, a bit weak in the dynamic range department but overall I'm happy, very happy with the colors! I did a shoot yesterday were I ran into some incredible graffiti and all I could think of was your great video of that! Man did those colors POP from the Pocket 2! Coming soon, not my best video but great to learn more about, lighting, editing, grading, and just having something fun to do! The climb up this super narrow canyon that was SO SLIPPERY, wet shoes on finely water polished steep Basalt chutes, OMG, like a water slide!
Karlewski:

Ooops! I have a disclaimer. Most of the Wynwood video sequences were taken with the DJI OM4 (Osmo Mobile 4) and the Apple iPhone XI pro max set at 4K, 24fps. Not the Osmo Pocket 2. I do own the Osmo Pocket 1 but did not use it on that day. The colors were great right out of the iPhone but I tweaked them in Photoshop CC 2021.

For the type of climbing you do, even the foldable Osmo Mobile 4 might be a bit of a slog.

Dale
Miami

No worries, I was talking about my footage, though your was very similar. . . Amazing. . .The OM 4 was a bit piggy for me, I got that first and between the extra weight, setup time and I couldn't really just slip it into a pocket and dash off. . . So I sent it back. Using it on a selfie stick didn't feel right, so top heavy and I really like the wider angle having the camera away from my ugly mug and revealing scenery instead!

No worries, I was talking about my footage, though your was very similar. . . Amazing. . .The OM 4 was a bit piggy for me, I got that first and between the extra weight, setup time and I couldn't really just slip it into a pocket and dash off. . . So I sent it back. Using it on a selfie stick didn't feel right, so top heavy and I really like the wider angle having the camera away from my ugly mug and revealing scenery instead!
You might consider the Osmo Action. It has a rear and a front facing camera so you can vlog with it, has super stabilization, supposedly better than the Go Pro 5. My problem with the Osmo Action is that it is too wide angle for my taste. The quality from it is excellent. I used it for shooting through the window for travel scenes in my Iceland video.

Wow man, some incredible shots in there! What fun that trip must have been! Now my favorite video of yours. Some of those stills are mind blowing, on the family room wall no doubt!
You read my mind, I'll bet the Osmo action 2 will be my next action cam when it comes out as long as the audio is decent.

Wow man, some incredible shots in there! What fun that trip must have been! Now my favorite video of yours. Some of those stills are mind blowing, on the family room wall no doubt!
You read my mind, I'll bet the Osmo action 2 will be my next action cam when it comes out as long as the audio is decent.
I know practically next to nothing about audio! I think the best You Tube on audio is the one done by Russ of 51 Drones.

The Audio on my Osmo Action is adequate, but to me, is a pain in the rear, since it picks up all of the ambient noises and I would rather put in my own sound effects (falls, rivers, rain, bird singing, etc.). I do not do narrations on my videos but I know you do a lot of narration). Russ from 51 Drones will give great information. As I recall, it was the RODE wireless Go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23