DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

aeronautical knowledge and safety test update?

vail

Reactions
I found some old threads about this test for recreational flyers saying it would be coming, but I can't find anything about it being released yet. I've read elsewhere that the target was end of July?

My concern is that when you register your drone(s) as a recreational flyer with the FAA it now includes that you must pass the test... that doesn't yet exist?

Wanted to see if you all knew anything. Thanks!

Right, the test doesn't exist yet. You don't need to worry about it until the FAA starts requiring it.

Reactions: vail
Right, the test doesn't exist yet. You don't need to worry about it until the FAA starts requiring it.

Thanks. It's concerning that you essentially "agree" to the rule that you pass the imaginary not-yet-made test, but if it isn't yet made it is what it is I guess. I'm guessing they just updated the system to reflect what was about to come out.

It's really not that concerning since the FAA is not enforcing it at the moment.

Reactions: BigAl07 and vail
Until the test is created, study materials are created, and all associated items are released there's nothing to worry about.

And for the record, the only thing that's "supposed" to come out in late July is the ability for Hobby/Recreational operators to utilized LAANC for approval. The FAA specifically said they do not have a timeline for the actual test and associated items as of yet.

Until the test is created, study materials are created, and all associated items are released there's nothing to worry about.

And for the record, the only thing that's "supposed" to come out in late July is the ability for Hobby/Recreational operators to utilized LAANC for approval. The FAA specifically said they do not have a timeline for the actual test and associated items as of yet.

Thanks! Took my MA on its first flight today. It was a blast!

Reactions: GGehret and BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka