DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After 3 years phone won't connect to aircraft

Shane034

Reactions
Hi guys

For the past few years I've used my Mavic mini with a Nokia 4.2 phone running Android 11 without issue.
Now however it won't connect with the aircraft.

I tried a different android phone and it works. So I factory reset the Nokia. Tried some old DJI fly versions. Then the latest. And still nothing.
When I open the app I'm just stuck on the blue screen with the highway that says connection guide.

The phone seems to work fine for every other purpose. I know the obvious solution is get another phone but this one is part of my setup and I like how it handles.

Any ideas what else might be going on here?

Cheers

@Shane034 unfortunately over the time the Fly App has become more hungry for the amount of processor power it uses to run
concequently older phones do not have the capability to run the Fly App any more, the latest Fly App, is a far cry from its first iteration, with the original Mavic Mini

What was the last version of the app that worked?
The app version is recorded in the txt flight log and Phantomhelp csv in the column entitled "RECOVER.appVersion" or column 154.

@Shane034 unfortunately over the time the Fly App has become more hungry for the amount of processor power it uses to run
concequently older phones do not have the capability to run the Fly App any more, the latest Fly App, is a far cry from its first iteration, with the original Mavic Mini

Thanks. I was pretty sure I went back a few years worth of updates but I'll try a super early version once more.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne