DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After a couple weeks

MikeyST1957

Reactions
So after a couple weeks…. How’s everyone liking their new mini pro 4 ‘s?

( I always find when I get a new major piece of equipment it can re-start my interest and get me out flying more)
Mike

I bought my Mini 4 Pro on 9/25 (first day offered for sale...) and still HAVE NOT flown my new toy! Been reading the Owners Manual, planning missions, etc.

I hope to fly this M4P before the end of the year??? LOL :cool:

- Jack
well thats one way of ensuring you dont wear it out ,and keep it in one piece for as long as possible,;););););)

Reactions: davefabik

( I always find when I get a new major piece of equipment it can re-start my interest and get me out flying more)
Mike
Here's a contrarian view: after deciding to not buy a Mini 4 Pro and stick with a Mini 3 Pro I have been flying more. I even went back and finished up the effort to make Dashware work with the Mini 3 Pro. (Nothing against the MP4, I just decided to stick to my rule to wait 2-3 years between drones.)

Good Luck!

Mike
I've only had mine a few days. I'm loving it, and it's definitely re-started my interest and got me flying more.

I will say though, that it shouldn't have. The Mini 4 has some neat new bells and whistles, but it's not a night and day difference from the Mini 3 Pro. I should have been more excited and flying my M3P more all along.

Mike
It's good. No issues to report. It flies well and the image quality from the camera is great. I'm coming from a Mini 3 Pro and so the upgrade is only slight to me.
The main upgrade for me is the RC2 with its better antennas, HDMI output, and snappier speed.

Also coming from a Mini3Pro. GPS finds home point MUCH faster, 2-3 seconds max making it ready to fly quicker. Huge reception range increase. Much higher resolution image on remote, images much clearer with better definition and detail. Can download photos without turning power on. Much better obstacle avoidance and tracking. Batteries seem to recharge a bit faster. Landings more stable with new legs. Also seems to run a little cooler than the M3P and the new ECO mode is nice for firmware updates. Well worth the upgrade.

I fly the new M4P EVERY DAY if its not raining! I had a mini 2 with a MavMount & TriplTek 8 because of the bigger and much brighter screen. But the set up was a pain with the mount, connecting cable, Etc. The RC 2 screen is clear, plenty bright, and its all right there. It sets up so quickly, the only delay is waiting for satellite acquisition!!

The Mini 4 Pro is up & flying in 1/5 of the time !! Collision avoidance, much better range, more flight time with bigger batteries, so many features to figure out, After ordering the M4P while waiting for it to arrive I was having separation anxiety about my Mini 2 I loved flying it so much. But after 2 days with the M4P, I listed the Mini 2 on eBay and it's gone south for the winter flying somewhere over North Carolina. I could not be happier with the Mini 4 Pro!

Reactions: Hands Down
Forgot to mention Auto-Pilot and Waypoint navigation. I haven't tried those out yet, but plan to.

Just bought my M4P today and spent a few hours over the water. This is my first upgrade since getting the OG Mini. Quite the jump, one of my biggest surprises was how quiet it is in comparison!!

No complaints other than the case could be a little better design/ more sturdy like the original Mini.

Just bought my M4P today and spent a few hours over the water. This is my first upgrade since getting the OG Mini. Quite the jump, one of my biggest surprises was how quiet it is in comparison!!

No complaints other than the case could be a little better design/ more sturdy like the original Mini.

Yeah, I found my old mini case is much better even though it's not set up as a backpack. The compartments inside the new M4 a big case or just horrible and the dividers don't stay in please.

For a hard case, I bought this one and it's perfect.

FPVtosky Dual Layer Hard Case for DJI Mini 4 Pro/Fly More Combo, Waterproof DJI Mini 4 Pro Carry Case Bag, Fits DJI RC 2/ RC-N2, Landing Pad Drone Accessories​

Reactions: Mini6ix
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd