DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After a long break I can't connect GO 4 with Mavic Pro Remote

TeeCee

Reactions
Ok, life has been so busy I don't think I've had my Mavic in the air in over 6 weeks. In between that time, my Samsung S7 had some issues with charging and I did a factory reset. It won't fast charge anymore but otherwise it seems fine. I backed my stuff up, but GO 4 didn't have my info saved, so I had to reset my password and I got logged in. My Mavic Pro connects with the remote, but I can't connect to the app. I tried uninstalling and re-installing GO4 but to avail. I've done searches for fixes, changed the power on order and...nothing! I'm at a loss...

I'm having the same issue with vs. 4.2.14 Supposedly 4.2.16 fixes that, but I can't find it to install yet. IT not on play store. Someone said it was

I'm having the same issue with vs. 4.2.14 Supposedly 4.2.16 fixes that, but I can't find it to install yet. IT not on play store. Someone said it was

Are you using an android device? I tried for hours to get the remote/phone linked and nothing has worked. I am still a very inexperienced pilot so I don't want to use another app while I am still covered under Care Refresh in case something happens.

This sucks!

Yes I'm android. 4.2.12 worked perfect. That's what I'm trying to get back too but I don't know how to do it.

Yes I'm android. 4.2.12 worked perfect. That's what I'm trying to get back too but I don't know how to do it.
Well I tried rolling back to that version and it didn't work for me.
I am going to try rolling back to version that in use in January when I got the drone, it was working fine then.

Clean out the charge connector on the phone and use a quality charger cord to the bottom usb on the remote.
I seriously doubt it is a software problem. They dont completely rewrite the software between updates, they just tweak things. NOTHING to do with the communication path between the phone and the RC is ever altered. It is more likely that you have a big lint ball in the charge connector of your phone, or a bad connector since you say you are having charging issues too.

@TeeCee I was having connection issues between my RC and S9+ phone. As you also use a Samsung it may be a similar cause. After several months of a solid connections it started regularly losing connection mid flight between DJIGo4 (v4.2.16 )on the phone to RC. Initially it was ever few flights it happened, then it became most flights. Very annoying.

I think I have fixed it, but I cannot be too sure just yet. Have had about 10 fault free flights. I went about troubleshooting it somewhat methodically to try and establish the cause.

Things I tried with NO improvement
- Placed phone into flight mode to disable wifi and phone. Unlikley to fix as it was a USB issue but seemed worth a try.
- Cleaned USB connectors on phone and RC
- Tried three different types of USB leads all with different configurations.
----Side of RC to USB-C in Phone.
----Side of RC to mini to a USB-C adaptor then to USB-C in Phone.
----Bottom USB on RC to USB-C in Phone.
No change here, Still got disconnects with all three leads. Furthermore in my case restarting the RC always re established the USB connection. So to me this ruled out the USB leads or connection point being my cause.

This left me with with the Software configuration of the phone:

Things I tried that lead to an apparent fix..
I turned developer options off.
I had four flying apps on my phone. DJIGo4, Litchi, Drone Deploy and Drone Harmony.
I uninstalled Drone Deploy and Drone Harmony
I disabled battery optimization for DJIGo4.
Since doing this I have not had a disconnect.

So try removing any other flying apps you may have installed and try disabling battery optimization for DJIGo4.

To disable battery optimization for DJIGo4 on andoid
Go to Android Settings > Apps > Special Access > Optimize Batter usage > All Apps. the scroll the list to find DJIGo4 and make sure it is unchecked.
I am not sure yet what seems to have fixed mine but something in my phones software configuration changed by removing the apps or changing the battery management and now it looks like it is fixed.
good Luck..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada