DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After A Year In A Pine Tree In Maine, She's Back!

Perhaps enough reason to get one of those Phantomrain wetsuits so shamelessly promoted on the forum (no offense). I don’t feel the necessity to fly in the rain, but if my drone was stuck in a tree in Maine, I’d wish I had one.

what did you do for a drone over the last year? I can’t be without my M2P for more than a couple weeks, which was the case this week after a crash that broke an arm. Even my old P3 4K has been in for repairs for the last 2 months. I have at least a few flying trips planned over the next 2 months and went out and got a Mavic Air 2 as a backup. I decided a backup is a necessity and the MA2 was the solution. I’m not gonna go through a fall season in the mountains without a drone.

Good ending, you do see a fair few items for sale which don't include the UAV as they've crashed it up a tree or in the water

Thanks for all the positive feed back! It does speak to the quality of their bird. I was completely amazed that when I tested all her sensors and maneuvers she was spot on. Even the battery took a full charge and ran for the full 20+ minutes.
That's amazing congrats on getting you're drone back stay safe and rember props up sensors down have fun flying

Ayuh, we do have a lot of beautiful pines! I’ve only landed in one so far!

Reactions: ff22
THIS is a great story! You are also a class act for hooking up the property owner with a gift card. Nicely done! Also, thanks for reminder on climb rate in sports mode.

Here's what can happen if you're not familiar with using sport mode. I fail to realize how long it takes to gain altitude when going 45 to 50 mph.

Thrust being used for forward flight in lieu of vertical lift will slow the ascent. In the end the available thrust is not unlimited

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98