DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After flying Mavic 3 my Air2 wont let me access my photos in the fly app

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am in the field and can't check. The issue is I installed the latest version of fly app to fly the mavic 3 and iv switched back to my air 2 for a bit. Everything is running fine and no errors taking a lot of shots. But when I go into the flyapp album there is nothing on the SD card. It sees the card. If I switch to internal storage then I can see some things I took while I was saving there.

I really hope I didn't lose 3 batteries worth of stuff.... it's a newish Samsung u3 and worked fine before I updated the fly app and flew the M3....

Anyone ever have a card go bad and have thus experience .. I hope it's just a bug in fly app.

When I get home I will be able to confirm but it's gona be a bit...

Reactions: GFields
There's no way to really tell until you read that SD card with a computer, but guess is it's not a card failure. Murphy's Law says the problem most likely lies with the last thing that changed...which in this case is the app you updated.

Reactions: VenomXts

Perhaps in the camera menu check the available space indicated on the drone's? memory card then shoot a few minutes worth of video and recheck the available space.
Does the phone stored full resolution video on the phone or just cached versions?
Also I think I have seen threads mentioning that the storage location on the phone has changed and that it can be awkward to find. You'd need to do a search or perhaps a google for the latter.

@VenomXts I have the same issue as you. I can see the contents of my SD card when I plug it in my laptop, so I believe it is an issue with DJI Fly. I contacted DJI via live support and I am waiting to hear back from their engineers. So far it has been 5 days and no answer. Let me know if you find an answer.

Last edited:
Whew, just got home and confirmed that its a bug in the fly app.. All my media is on the card.

This seems like as BIG miss by QA.... Annoying ... especially since the freaking M3 cant do panos yet.

Reactions: StantonZ
@dirkclod could you please change this title to "After flying Mavic 3 my Air2 wont let me access my photos in the fly app" or something better if you think of it.
Since your the OP of the post all you have to do is go to the first post and hit edit. This will allow you to edit your title or any text you like. Then just save it.

Since your the OP of the post all you have to do is go to the first post and hit edit. This will allow you to edit your title or any text you like. Then just save it.
thanks, I mixed that up with you can't delete your own post.

Thanks for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas