DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos and videos not showing up in DJI Fly App with Mavic Air 2s

DJIprometheus

Reactions
Hello, I have a strange issue since today with my Mavic Air 2s and DJI Fly App. Most photos and videos on my drone (internal storage and SD card) stopped showing up in the DJI Fly app, with the only remaining photos showing up being from the first day I used the drone in April 2021.

When looking at the settings, I can see I have ~30GB of space taken on my SD card, but nothing else is showing up in the DJY Fly app.

I tried deleting the DJI Fly app and reinstalling it, but besides clearing the app cache, I still have the same issue.

Any advice about how to fix this issue ?

Many thanks!

EDIT: after further investigation, plugging my drone to my laptop, my pictures are all saved either on the SD card or on internal storage. The only ones showing up in the DJI Fly App are the ones in internal storage.

Last edited:
Welcome.
What version of the App?
Have a look at the thread App Album Removal
and the "Similar threads" at the bottom of that page.

There is also a search function reached via clicking on the magnifying glass, 2nd row down from the top RHS of this page.

Hi, I am using DJI Fly App 1.5.0. The issue I narrowed down is that none of the photos and videos stored on the SD card show up anymore in the DJY Fly App. But they are there when I connect the drone to my laptop with the USB cable and browse through file explorer.

It's annoying as I cannot edit the Mastershots stored on the SD card anymore in the DJI Fly App as a result

Last edited:
I contacted DJI Support. Their engineers are supposed to come back in 3-4 business days with an answer. Fingers crossed.

Hey there. I found this thread while struggling with the same issue. I reached out to DJI and they ack'd the problem with photos/videos stored on external SD cards and are fixing it in the next release. In the meantime, you can work around it by reformating your card (making sure to backup the files, do the format and move the files back). They sent me these instructions which worked for me:

"You can temporarily select the SD card drive letter by connecting the computer and right-click the mouse to select format. Use the default file system exFAT and the allocation unit size is 128KB for formatting. Click start. After formatting, you can read the album in DJI fly. Please back up the material files in the SD card before formatting to avoid loss."

Reactions: DJIprometheus
Hey there. I found this thread while struggling with the same issue. I reached out to DJI and they ack'd the problem with photos/videos stored on external SD cards and are fixing it in the next release. In the meantime, you can work around it by reformating your card (making sure to backup the files, do the format and move the files back). They sent me these instructions which worked for me:

"You can temporarily select the SD card drive letter by connecting the computer and right-click the mouse to select format. Use the default file system exFAT and the allocation unit size is 128KB for formatting. Click start. After formatting, you can read the album in DJI fly. Please back up the material files in the SD card before formatting to avoid loss."
I found the same temporary fix as well. I backed up my SD card, formatted it on the drone and reloaded the card with my images. Unfortunately, while the drone can know read the SD card, it doesn’t recognize the old quick shots and Mastershots, and only recognizes them as normal videos.

I found the same temporary fix as well. I backed up my SD card, formatted it on the drone and reloaded the card with my images. Unfortunately, while the drone can know read the SD card, it doesn’t recognize the old quick shots and Mastershots, and only recognizes them as normal videos.
In my case the quick shots work. I made sure to copy the misc folder as well as dcim as I noticed it had meta data in there. By chance did you only copy dcim?

In my case the quick shots work. I made sure to copy the misc folder as well as dcim as I noticed it had meta data in there. By chance did you only copy dcim?
I copied the entire content. There were only two folders, « DCIM » and « LOST.DIR ». But after reformatting the card on the drone I did notice a « MISC » folder appear on the empty card. I wonder if when I imported my files, there was indeed a « MISC » folder but hidden.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure