DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

after FW update...

beejAMG

Reactions
after the latest firmware update. Should I calibrate everything again before flying?
1. IMU
2. Compass
3. Controller
4. Gimbal

Cheers!

I calibrated the compass, only because the sensor numbers were a little higher then when I like them to be. My IMU looked good based on the readings.

Last edited:
Reactions: beejAMG
... AND you can't see any source of interference. If the app suggests you to recalibrate your compass while your drone is sitting on a metal park bench, try moving the drone to a patch of grass just a meter away first.
Good advice.

After you update, make sure you check all your settings in the app, such as rth, battery settings, canmera, basically everything, because these can be reset to defaults.

Reactions: beejAMG
After you update, make sure you check all your settings in the app, such as rth, battery settings, canmera, basically everything, because these can be reset to defaults.

cheers mate. that was the first thing i did and i reckon some got reset.
oh well , as long as its still safe to fly without any calibrations, im good with that.

After latest firmware update my mavic started to wig out with forward vision sensor error and won't go away . Seems like I'm not alone as I keep reading about people having the same issue. Screw the latest update ! My phantom doesn't give me these problems.

I sent my Mavic in for repairs. They sent me another drone in exchange for my original one. This sucks as I now have to cancel registration with the FAA and file for new registration. Now the forward vision error sucks. I had to have my son do the calibration as I'm on a Mac and can't get calibration to work. It took him hours but he finally got it. My third flight the forward vision error came back on and I have just had to say F it and fly without it working. My son is a busy man and lives a hundred miles from me or I'd ask him to do it again. Any ideas on what I should do?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne