DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After market props.

Don't risk it, I don't see any advantage in not using the OEM props

Reactions: petedffy
Has anyone found any good after market props for the mavic mini?
thats really a loaded question ",good" being the operative word ,there are aftermarket props out there ,but whether or not they are any" good ",or even better than OEM is an unknown quantity

The OEM props deform far too easily, which results in the uncommanded descent problem.
You call on whether to be put on the spot or not - any recommendations for 3rd party props? You can always claim no one briefed you on that topic! (g)

The OEM props deform far too easily, which results in the uncommanded descent problem.

I guess that is a risk, but what if the third party props are deformed out of the mould, designed badly or are unbalanced.

You call on whether to be put on the spot or not - any recommendations for 3rd party props? You can always claim no one briefed you on that topic! (g)

Fake news. Actually I've only found one brand to test, and they didn't work well at all.

Reactions: ff22
Then they won't work properly, obviously.

The point I was trying to make is that OEM props would have less QC issues than third party props, even though they sometimes have prop strikes but that is a MM design issue.
As you have tested in another thread, third party props don't add really add any benefit but may cause other flight issues.

Reactions: petedffy
The point I was trying to make is that OEM props would have less QC issues than third party props, even though they sometimes have prop strikes but that is a MM design issue.
As you have tested in another thread, third party props don't add really add any benefit but may cause other flight issues.

I would state that differently. The third-party props that I tested didn't add any benefit and had other issues. But, as we have seen with most other models of Mavic and Phantom, third-party solutions generally arrive that do have some benefits and work well.

Reactions: ff22
I found some that were slightly more stiff than the stock props, in aggressive flying it solved my issue were the front prop hits the AC body. I thought I’d found the solution I was looking for, but after close scrutiny of the video footage I could see gello effect due to misbalance/ vibration.

Probably wait for Master Airscrew to come up with some. They make props for other Mavic models that have been of decent quality.
The fact that master air screw Does not have a model for mini Is telling.
I’m sure they tried and perhaps realize it’s an overall design problem with the drone.

If you can’t solve the strike problem then what’s the point.

Reactions: TDZHDTV and sar104
The fact that master air screw Does not have a model for mini Is telling.
I’m sure they tried and perhaps realize it’s an overall design problem with the drone.

If you can’t solve the strike problem then what’s the point.

A bit off topic but I use this landing gear to stiffen the front arms on the MM, seems to work and it does not trigger payload mode in my case

1593987844137.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190