DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini After Rain Fall Clouds

Reactions
I created this video from random clips of all of the clouds I have recorded from my area:

Let me know what you think!

I created this video from random clips of all of the clouds I have recorded from my area:

Let me know what you think!
I do have several comments. I really like the subject and you did a good job captures those clouds. I would have done the following differently; shot or exported at 4K (the details in the foliage was not sharp). I watched this at its highest allowable setting of 1080p. Maybe this was a down sampling by You Tube. My eyes searched for clarity but did not find it.

Secondly, I would have increased the brightness and the contrast. It was a beautiful subject by dark.

If you have these weather effects frequently, they are great subjects for timelapse photography shooting at about a 2 or 3 second interval.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: 280
I do have several comments. I really like the subject and you did a good job captures those clouds. I would have done the following differently; shot or exported at 4K (the details in the foliage was not sharp). I watched this at its highest allowable setting of 1080p. Maybe this was a down sampling by You Tube. My eyes searched for clarity but did not find it.

Secondly, I would have increased the brightness and the contrast. It was a beautiful subject by dark.

If you have these weather effects frequently, they are great subjects for timelapse photography shooting at about a 2 or 3 second interval.

Dale
Miami
Thanks for the feedback!
I can't shoot in 4k sadly because the highest setting on my mini is 2.7k. Since these clouds form a lot around here I was considering getting a Air 2 for things like hyper lapses and a better camera.

Thanks for the feedback!
I can't shoot in 4k sadly because the highest setting on my mini is 2.7k. Since these clouds form a lot around here I was considering getting a Air 2 for things like hyper lapses and a better camera.
That's a good enough reason to upgrade, I think!

That's a good enough reason to upgrade, I think!
That and I think active track would be cool to have for the future and learn how to use.

I really like taking shots of clouds, sun down/rise and twilight time. I have to check to see the appropriate size for files to include in posts. Taken with Mini2
DJI_0009-still.JPG

Reactions: 280
I really like taking shots of clouds, sun down/rise and twilight time. I have to check to see the appropriate size for files to include in posts. Taken with Mini2
View attachment 147934
Here is a TYPICAL example of a great shot not processed to its fullest potential due to high dynamic range. The large difference between the bright sky overpowering the sensor, and the under-exposed foreground is well demonstrated. I took the image into Photoshop CC2022, used the new masking tool to edit the sky and edit the foreground separately using the masking tool. Here are the before and after examples. Click on each image to enlarge.

Dale
Miami
Original-un-re-touched.pngEdited with Adobe masking tool.jpg

Dale
Miami

Here is a TYPICAL example of a great shot not processed to its fullest potential due to high dynamic range. The large difference between the bright sky overpowering the sensor, and the under-exposed foreground is well demonstrated. I took the image into Photoshop CC2022, used the new masking tool to edit the sky and edit the foreground separately using the masking tool. Here are the before and after examples. Click on each image to enlarge.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 147935View attachment 147936

Dale
Miami
I appreciate what you did, it has lightened it up some, where I was not real happy with the darkness. Thank you.

I appreciate what you did, it has lightened it up some, where I was not real happy with the darkness. Thank you.
You are most welcome. The masking tool has made my images amazingly better. You can easily use it. If you like I am sending you a great video which has helped me learn this technique quickly. You will need the latest Photoshop.

Dale

Reactions: HH-1
You are most welcome. The masking tool has made my images amazingly better. You can easily use it. If you like I am sending you a great video which has helped me learn this technique quickly. You will need the latest Photoshop.

Dale
Thank you, but I do not have the time. I only get time to fly now and then.

Thank you, but I do not have the time. I only get time to fly now and then.
The video is short and you should be up and running after 15 minutes. Try it and you will thank me!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown