DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket batteries another neeewb question?

BCMEDIC625

Reactions
What is everyone's goto aftermarket battery and charger? Or do you just stick with the regular DJI battery. I was hoping there would be a better alternative to longer flight times with a more powerful battery. Sorry if this is a regular topic I have used the search feature and found a few related topics but not exactly what I was looking for. And definitely do not understand the building and adding on battery part yet.

Firstly, it's not just a "plain old" battery. It's an intelligent battery. :) You may notice, at least on the M2, there are 10 contacts, IIRC the 4 on each end are negative and positive, while the center 2 are for data. The point being you are not likely to find a generic version of this battery anytime soon. That said, it may be possible to parallel a same cell number battery by tying it in to just the neg. and pos. terminals inside the drone and routing the plug outsidd, then attach the battery to the outside of the drone . . . I think that's been done already.

Reactions: BCMEDIC625
I would never use a knock off battery.

The chargers, however, have worked well. I use the Fstopper multi-charger (which is branded with a couple of labels) that does 3 batteries + remote. DJI doesn't make a simultaneous multi-charger that I know of.

Chris

Reactions: BCMEDIC625
I didn't even know there were aftermarket batteries. I will stick with DJI batts even though they are expensive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
26bgomez