DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aggressive advertising on mavicpilots.com in Chrome for Android?

mnis

Reactions
Maybe someone has experienced something similar as in my description below, and even has a tip for me to solve the problem ...

Have you experienced the following?
Actually, I always use the MavicPilots app for my regular visits to mavicpilots.com. The app runs perfectly on my Android (8) smartphone. Everything works well with this app, but unfortunately the app can not display all content, so I have to look at some content in the browser. This is reasonably comfortable, because in the app is a menu item called "web view". So it opens the Chrome browser with the currently selected thread. A little annoying, I have to scroll to the desired post, but that's OK for me.

Unfortunately, visiting mavicpilots.com in Chrome for Android is sometimes no fun for me. Filling the entire screen, aggressive advertising opens without my intervention. I can close the unwanted browser tab to make the ad disappear, but then mavicpilots.com is also mostly gone. I can call in the browser history the last visited page, but then often starts the whole game from scratch. Somehow this ad makes an overlay and makes mavicpilots.com disappear.

Sure, my Chrome browser or even the smartphone could have been compromised by some malicious app. But then it would be very likely that this aggressive advertising appears on any web page in the Chrome browser I visit. That's definitely not the case. I've already reset Chrome several times and set it up again, but nothing helped. Also, I can use mavicpilots.com on a Windows 10 PC with different browsers without this form of aggressive advertising appearing.

Does anyone have any idea what could be done against this nasty advertising form?Screenshot_20190203-115347_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Check your installed Extensions within the Chrome Browser for Android. Remove any that are suspicious.
Thanks.
It is to my knowledge no extension installed in Chrome. It is the preinstalled browser without any extensions. The Chrome app is periodically stopped, reset, and its memory management has been completely cleaned up.

Attachments

• 20190204_054005.jpg
    20190204_054005.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190204_054903.jpg
    20190204_054903.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: BD0G
Thank you for your answer :)
Maybe my problem with mavicpilots.com is a rare case. TapaTalk I know only since I have installed the MavicPilots App, because the App obviously uses TapaTalk. Maybe the app is causing my problem. For now, I will continue my visits to MavicPilots without this app, and see what happens.

You should also clear out your cache and history in your chrome browser.
  1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
  2. At the top right, tap More .
  3. Tap History Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Tap Clear data.

Reactions: mnis
Thank you for your help.
I may not have said it directly, but I know a lot about Android.

For unknown browser problems, I do it first as you have shown it in your 6 steps :)

If it does not work, then I do this as well:
I quit Chrome in Application Manager, clearing cache and data stored by Chrome, and re-setting the browser to suit my preferences ...

Reactions: HVYMTL
What are the most reliable steps to recreate this problem? I've tried just browsing through the forum on Chrome on an Android device but I've not seen this type of advert.

I usually use the MavicPilots app on an Android device. When I read in a thread, I sometimes use the three dots in the top right corner. Behind it is a menu item called "Web View". Upon selection, Chrome, my web browser immediately opens and shows me the selected thread. This is sometimes required because the MavicPilots app can not display all content. Just a few seconds after opening the browser, the ad came in the same browser window, and when the window was closed, the originally visited web page disappeared. After re-calling the desired web page through the browser history, the advertising also came back. No way back. To be able to continue, I had to repeat the entire procedure several times. This happened at irregular intervals, sometimes for many days nothing unusual happened. But if it happened, then only on mavicpilots.com. Several days have passed and the problem has not returned. However, I had a Chromecast streaming app on my smartphone to try out. In any case, the app included ads, and should allow me to stream local content to Chromecast. But I think the problem with this ad in the browser existed before this app test. Anyway, I've de-installed this streaming app, and I hope it helps...

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55