DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 and updates

MARK (LI)

Reactions
A friend has an Air2 and lives in farm country......flat, open, no trees or buildings...after last update the drone will not go as far as it used to and now loses connection and returns to home.... his daughtr lives on adjacent farm ....he used to be able to fly too her house with no problem....now only goes about half the distance,......once back "in range" he gets control and picture back...anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: Cafguy
A friend has an Air2 and lives in farm country......flat, open, no trees or buildings...after last update the drone will not go as far as it used to
Does reverting back to the previous firmware resolve the issue?

If not, then I think @Cafguy's suggestion is spot on.

Does reverting back to the previous firmware resolve the issue?

If not, then I think @Cafguy's suggestion is spot on.
Is there a way to go back to previous firmware?
The update could have logged them out OR changed some settings. I would check there first.
Do you have an idea which settings would have done something like that?

Thank you for responses...Mark

Make sure to log back in to DJI in when wifi available, might cure your range problem. Happened to me recently, wifi unavailable to log in so distance limited to unacceptable range.

I’m having the same issue with my air 2. Lost connection at 40 ft. Been dealing DJI and they told me to update through DJI on the computer not the app.
I haven’t had the chance to try. Here is what DJI told me:

Rest assured we will try our best to help you out. May we confirm if you tried to refresh the drone and controller firmware?

You can download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on your Windows computer and log in to your DJI account, then you can use a cable to connect the drone and computer and follow the on-screen prompts to update/refresh the firmware.

DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) download link: DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) - Download Center - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWaterOps