DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 bound to another account-options??

Not sure where you got the idea that DJI could not unbind from unavailable remotes. They may refuse to do so, but they have always been able to. It's their system and their servers. The binding is partly for Flyaway and partly for security.
I have a pretty good idea. ;)

I have a pretty good idea. ;)
Care to expound upon that? Nobody has ever maintained or alleged that DJI could not technically unbind from unavailable remotes. That ability has never truly been in question. DJI just refused to do so, without the bound account owner's cooperation. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: Aairon
So the seller unbound it from the original remote, and kept that other remote it was rebound to, selling it to you with the original, but not rebinding it to it?
im not sure where that info came from??? I am using the original remote the drone came with. When i go into DJIFLY-Account and device- on the right it shows that it is already bound to another account. Thats the only time i see any thing related to it. I have not had any errors regarding only being able to fly "X" amount of times.

im not sure where that info came from??? I am using the original remote the drone came with. When i go into DJIFLY-Account and device- on the right it shows that it is already bound to another account. Thats the only time i see any thing related to it. I have not had any errors regarding only being able to fly "X" amount of times.
With the current drones, what I described is the only known way this can occur with remote binding. However, we may be conflating different two types of binding. There is account binding relating to activation, and there is remote binding, and the account binding itself causes no restrictions with remote binding and remote pairing. Not sure if the account binding/activation can be transferred to another account. It might mean the prior owner still has full access to your flight logs, if you sync them, and you cannot access your own logs because you cannot access his account. Anyway, as long as there is no issue with the remote binding and pairing, it shouldn't affect your ability to fly and make recordings.

With the current drones, what I described is the only known way this can occur with remote binding. However, we may be conflating different two types of binding. There is account binding relating to activation, and there is remote binding, and the account binding itself causes no restrictions with remote binding and remote pairing. Not sure if the account binding/activation can be transferred to another account. It might mean the prior owner still has full access to your flight logs, if you sync them, and you cannot access your own logs because you cannot access his account. Anyway, as long as there is no issue with the remote binding and pairing, it shouldn't affect your ability to fly and make recordings.
I think it may just be account binding.... Sometimes a warning does pop up to bind the remote and fails to do so when i hit bind, but that's the only error. DJI did confirm that that remote SN is the one that originally came with the drone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Before I got educated about this I bought my FPV on eBay already bound to another account. The seller said it only had 3 flights and the guy had 500 transactions with 100% positive ratings. I can’t bind it but with the goggles plugged into the app I see the complete history as well as the care refresh status. Battery did only show 3 charge cycles. I don’t get a message that it is bound to another account. I just can’t bind it to my account.

so what should I worry about?

Before I got educated about this I bought my FPV on eBay already bound to another account. The seller said it only had 3 flights and the guy had 500 transactions with 100% positive ratings. I can’t bind it but with the goggles plugged into the app I see the complete history as well as the care refresh status. Battery did only show 3 charge cycles. I don’t get a message that it is bound to another account. I just can’t bind it to my account.

so what should I worry about?
A seller with 500 ebay transactions and 100% positive rating will certainly use his password and unbind the account for you so that you can bind it with your own; did you ask him?

A seller with 500 ebay transactions and 100% positive rating will certainly use his password and unbind the account for you so that you can bind it with your own; did you ask him?
The seller may not be the account holder it is bound to. Some sellers buy returns like Amazon returns or from Best Buy etc.

Again I ask the question "what is there to worry about if everything works and flys fine?"

Again I ask the question "what is there to worry about if everything works and flys fine?"
Nothing. It is only when it doesn’t "work and fly fine" that this can potentially become a problem, as has been frequently reported lately, on newer aircraft, with more restrictions relating to RC binding and pairing, without access to the RC it was last bound to.

The seller was a Liquidation company. They said they do not have any contact info for the original owner.

Recently bought another Air2 that is bound to another account.
my questions are,
1. Would replacing the mother board resolve this?
2. Im still able to fly it, but what will the implications be if i just ignore the fact?
The deal was too good to pass up ($200 for the fly more combo with 4 Batteries and drone)
Let me address your questions:

Replacing the Motherboard: Replacing the motherboard could potentially resolve the issue if the binding is indeed tied to the hardware. However, I would recommend contacting DJI customer support before attempting any hardware replacements. They can provide you with accurate guidance on whether replacing the motherboard will solve the problem and any potential risks involved.

Flying the Drone Bound to Another Account: While you may be able to fly the drone that is currently bound to another account, there could be several implications to consider:

Firmware Updates: Firmware updates and software changes might not work correctly, which could impact the drone's performance, safety features, and compatibility with DJI's official apps.

Support and Warranty: DJI's support and warranty might not cover drones that are not properly registered to your own account. This could potentially lead to difficulties in seeking help or getting repairs covered.

Future Account Changes: If the original owner decides to make changes to their account, it could affect your ability to fly the drone or access certain features.

Resale Value: If you plan to resell the drone in the future, potential buyers might be hesitant to purchase a drone that is not properly registered or has unclear ownership.

Considering the implications, it's generally recommended to address the account binding issue and try to get the drone registered to your own account for a smooth and hassle-free experience. This might involve contacting DJI support and explaining the situation to see if they can assist you in transferring the drone to your account. This article is a goldmine of information for anyone seeking to understand what it takes to become an LPR in the USA.

Given the excellent deal you received, investing some time and effort to resolve the account binding issue properly could be a worthwhile endeavor. However, always exercise caution when attempting any modifications or replacements, as improper actions could potentially cause more problems.

Let me address your questions:

Replacing the Motherboard: Replacing the motherboard could potentially resolve the issue if the binding is indeed tied to the hardware. However, I would recommend contacting DJI customer support before attempting any hardware replacements. They can provide you with accurate guidance on whether replacing the motherboard will solve the problem and any potential risks involved.

Flying the Drone Bound to Another Account: While you may be able to fly the drone that is currently bound to another account, there could be several implications to consider:

Firmware Updates: Firmware updates and software changes might not work correctly, which could impact the drone's performance, safety features, and compatibility with DJI's official apps.

Support and Warranty: DJI's support and warranty might not cover drones that are not properly registered to your own account. This could potentially lead to difficulties in seeking help or getting repairs covered.

Future Account Changes: If the original owner decides to make changes to their account, it could affect your ability to fly the drone or access certain features.

Resale Value: If you plan to resell the drone in the future, potential buyers might be hesitant to purchase a drone that is not properly registered or has unclear ownership.

Considering the implications, it's generally recommended to address the account binding issue and try to get the drone registered to your own account for a smooth and hassle-free experience. This might involve contacting DJI support and explaining the situation to see if they can assist you in transferring the drone to your account. This article is a goldmine of information for anyone seeking to understand what it takes to become an LPR in the USA.

Given the excellent deal you received, investing some time and effort to resolve the account binding issue properly could be a worthwhile endeavor. However, always exercise caution when attempting any modifications or replacements, as improper actions could potentially cause more problems.
Considering this is your very first post here, and you appear to be parroting generic DJI boilerplate responses, while making numerous generic "general recommendations" and promoting completely irrelevant Lawful Permanent Resident status information, like spam, who are you, and why haven't you read the thread to know that the OP has already contacted DJI and has no issues with flying the drone? Do you work for DJI? Where does your knowledge of this matter come from? Are you even a real person, or are just an AI chatbot creating an AI response?

Considering this is your very first post here, and you appear to be parroting generic DJI boilerplate responses, while making numerous generic "general recommendations" and promoting completely irrelevant Lawful Permanent Resident status information, like spam, who are you, and why haven't you read the thread to know that the OP has already contacted DJI and has no issues with flying the drone? Do you work for DJI? Where does your knowledge of this matter come from? Are you even a real person, or are just an AI chatbot creating an AI response?
oh. I am a real person. I was just browsing through the threads and came a cross this one. I just felt something to write a detailed reply for the post. Isn't it a good thing?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer