DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 bound to another account-options??

Lennyg

Reactions
Recently bought another Air2 that is bound to another account.
my questions are,
1. Would replacing the mother board resolve this?
2. Im still able to fly it, but what will the implications be if i just ignore the fact?
The deal was too good to pass up ($200 for the fly more combo with 4 Batteries and drone)

This is an excellent question. There is so much of this bound to another account going on. DJI just has not done a good job educating people about this. For sure you will not be able to have it repaired.

Reactions: fd123_2000
Another question i have is this...
If the drone is bound to another email via DJI, could i just use the Litchi app and be done with it??

Another question i have is this...
If the drone is bound to another email via DJI, could i just use the Litchi app and be done with it??
No. Litchi can't do anything, unless permitted in the DJI SDK. It's the transmitter binding with the drone, so the software used to fly is irrelevant. The unbound transmitter cannot control the drone, after 5 flights.

Would switching remotes solve the problem? They're fairly cheap.

Reach out to DJI and they will try to contact the previous owner for you.
Good luck with that. DJI Customer Service is poor at best. I tried for 2 months to get a Air 2S unbound for another account and was basically told, We'll email the account that it's bound to but if they don't respond:: So Sorry, there is nothing more they can or will do.

Would switching remotes solve the problem? They're fairly cheap.
No. You only get 5 flights total on all other remotes, before you must have access to the original remote to which it is still bound, to either unbind it, or connect to it, to reset the 5 flight counter, or fly with it.

Reactions: Aairon
No. You only get 5 flights total on all other remotes, before you must have access to the original remote to which it is still bound, to either unbind it, or connect to it, to reset the 5 flight counter, or fly with it.
I've actually already flown it more than 5 times. I never have gotten the 5 flight warning.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I did receive this from DJI after they sent the previous owner and email asking them to unbind the account.(no response) However im unable to get in touch with the previous owner either.

"
To further help with your request, please provide us with the information below:
  1. Contact your seller to offer a statement and the content as below.

I confirm that I have ownership of the product (Aircraft SN), therefore, I request DJI to unbind the product. I agree to indemnify DJI, its affiliates, employees, representatives, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and advisors and to hold them harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, expense, claim or demand whatsoever, including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with unbinding the product.

Once received, we will check with our internal team to apply for a special handling approval to unbind for you as per your request. Hope for your understanding and support.
Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Best Regards,
Rebecca

I did receive this from DJI after they sent the previous owner and email asking them to unbind the account.(no response) However im unable to get in touch with the previous owner either.

"
To further help with your request, please provide us with the information below:
  1. Contact your seller to offer a statement and the content as below.

I confirm that I have ownership of the product (Aircraft SN), therefore, I request DJI to unbind the product. I agree to indemnify DJI, its affiliates, employees, representatives, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and advisors and to hold them harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, expense, claim or demand whatsoever, including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with unbinding the product.

Once received, we will check with our internal team to apply for a special handling approval to unbind for you as per your request. Hope for your understanding and support.
Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Best Regards,
Rebecca
I'm confused, are you supposed to sign and return or the previous owner has to sign and confirm?

If you are not getting any warnings, why do you care to unbind?

I'm confused, are you supposed to sign and return or the previous owner has to sign and confirm?

If you are not getting any warnings, why do you care to unbind?
that confused me too...
At first I thought i was going to be limited on flying with it bound to another account, but since it doesnt seem to cause any issues with it being bound to another account, it really doesnt matter if they unbind it or not.

I've actually already flown it more than 5 times. I never have gotten the 5 flight warning.
The Air 2 is a three year old aircraft and apparently the FW version on yours didn't exclusively lock and bind it to the original remote that was used to activate it. You bought an exempt aircraft! Good lesson, though, for anyone buying a used DJI drone. Thanks for sharing the release statement from DJI!

Reactions: Lennyg
The Air 2 is a three year old aircraft and apparently the FW version on yours didn't exclusively lock and bind it to the original remote that was used to activate it. You bought an exempt aircraft! Good lesson, though, for anyone buying a used DJI drone. Thanks for sharing the release statement from DJI!
Makes sense.. I do have the original remote though.

Until we understand this release statement, there no proof that DJI has the capability to remote unbind or that the statement when signed by the new owner will mean anything. Perhaps it means they can reach out to the previous owner and ask. Because why would you get the original owner to sign when all they need to do is sign out (for the newer drones). This statement seems to be new or first I am hearing of it. Curious to see how it works; very good if it will resolve the issues. Very bad for people who believe their drone is safe from a thief since either way, this "binding" method is not intended for that reason.

Until we understand this release statement, there no proof that DJI has the capability to remote unbind or that the statement when signed by the new owner will mean anything. Perhaps it means they can reach out to the previous owner and ask. Because why would you get the original owner to sign when all they need to do is sign out (for the newer drones). This statement seems to be new or first I am hearing of it. Curious to see how it works; very good if it will resolve the issues. Very bad for people who believe their drone is safe from a thief since either way, this "binding" method is not intended for that reason.
They sent the Original owner an email last wed, Never heard back from him and then sent me that response over the weekend. They do have the ability to unbind accounts. There has been a few other threads where it was done. Its really not any kind of "remote unbind" they just need to change it on the server and then when the app logs back in, it should update.

Makes sense.. I do have the original remote though.
So the seller unbound it from the original remote, and kept that other remote it was rebound to, selling it to you with the original, but not rebinding it to it?

Not sure where you got the idea that DJI could not unbind from unavailable remotes. They may refuse to do so, but they have always been able to. It's their system and their servers. The binding is partly for Flyaway and partly for security.

Reactions: Aairon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_