Join Us Now

NO Account

stikflote

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I bought a AIR2S from a shop in skegness after seeing flying

so i bought it took me a while to get sorted went back to shop
and thet downloaded DIJ Fly on to my phone
after a while my BIL and I got it flying all the time almost every day ,and almost lost it was that high

on the screen of my phone it say account not logged in

Not anything about that i didnt log in,
After reading post on about The Mini 2 bout a Mini 2 Combo
when setting it up screen also says account not logged in this has not stopped me flying either them

And i really have the Air2s from late september and bought Mini 2 about a month ago maybe less i posted on here,

I have ben getting some Great advice from a long standing member who told me a licence to fly which i new nothing about
neither do i know about the account.
i have been asked about how many times i have flew these aircraft lot
Now member thinks im winding him up and will no longer pm me ,
well iam not winding up he can travel down to derby and see for him self now i cant get photo of my screen
on to here because i had help with pic mini 2 off ebay but i will try

iam definitely not winding any one up
keith

a

after a while my BIL and I got it flying all the time almost every day ,and almost lost it was that high

when setting it up screen also says account not logged in this has not stopped me flying either them

And i really have the Air2s from late september and bought Mini 2 about a month ago maybe less i posted on here,

I have ben getting some Great advice from a long standing member who told me a licence to fly which i new nothing about
well iam not winding up he can travel down to derby and see for him self now i cant get photo of my screen

keith

a
Why not just create a DJI account? Better still, how is the drone been activated without an account?

Hello GFields
why do i need an account for what,ive been flying them easy
The mini 2 i bought off Ebay after reading about binding on here
i messaged ebay seller he its never had an account he bought it new

so i dont knowwhat the hell going here i feel im being called a liar,

Hello GFields
why do i need an account for what,ive been flying them easy
The mini 2 i bought off Ebay after reading about binding on here
i messaged ebay seller he its never had an account he bought it new

so i dont knowwhat the hell going here i feel im being called a liar,
You refer to two different drones. If you were able to fly the mini 2 without an account would mean that the drone was never bound to any user.

Reactions: Torque

keith

a

You refer to two different drones. If you were able to fly the mini 2 without an account would mean that the drone was never bound to any user.
Yes i am referring two both my drones using a Samsung S10 as screen, i dont know the history of the Air 2s
i bought as a bundle from Cash in Skegness ,only bought after seeing how high it was
and then talking to shop manager it was a spur of the moment ,but ireally do like it .so please keep talking to me

yes i did say i would not partisipate in any more PMs to @stikflote ,i had helped with his difficulty in getting his Operator ID and his flyer ID and tried to explain about the drone having to have a DJI account ,before it could be flown
so to me the whole post has just become rather like a game of cat and mouse,i have at no time called the person a liar ,and i am only responding to that comment
the drone in order to be flown,must be linked to someones email account ,perhaps the place where he bought it, who knows

Reactions: Cafguy and GFields
Iam so sorry that you feel that way you have been great with your help
and i do appreciate it
but i yes the Air 2s might have my e mail address because they downloaded the DJI at shop

when i first bought it i was told that i would have pay for the App at £60

so i returned to shop and thats when they put DJIFLY on my phone,
now the mini 2 does not have my e mail address at all

i just thought the account was something bought in the when new im trying to put pic up of my screen

its not stopped me flying
keith

Reactions: Cafguy
when i first bought it i was told that i would have pay for the App at £60
The app is a FREE download from DJI. Perhaps they charged you for their time in helping you.

• Wow
As far as I am aware all DJI drones require that when using a DJI control app e.g. Go, Go4 or Fly, the app is logged into a DJI account ....... otherwise the drones are severely distance and height limited, 50 m & 30 m respectively.
Other aspects of 'control' permitting e.g. no warnings about location and or lighting requiring acknowledgement, the drones CAN literally be flown without the app being logged in, or even connected i.e. where appropriate no phone connected to their controller, BUT they are limited as mentioned above.

From page 2 of the version 1.4 manual for the Mini 2
"For increased safety, flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

The same* quotation appears on page 2 of the manuals of
a) the Air 2S (Fly app ),
b) the Mavic 2 Pro EXCEPT for the fact that it mentions the *Go4 app rather than the Fly app and
c) the Phantom 3 Adv which refers the *Go app.

There may be a corollary to this, which is when an alternative control app is used e.g. Litchi.
I have certainly flown some of my drones, P3Adv/Pro, M2P/Z, Mini 1 & 2 using Litchi BUT I do not know if the drone or controller did a check in the 'back ground' to see if the appropriate DJI App was logged in etc. and the phone I use all have the appropriate DJI app installed and generally I would be logged into the DJI App.

I DO NOT remember if I was 'logged in' to Litchi or if Litchi even requires that, I do not use Litchi very much.

I DO NOT remember if I have ever 'hit' these 'not logged in' limits with my drones.

Might the above explain the differences here?

Last edited:
The app is a FREE download from DJI. Perhaps they charged you for their time in helping you.
Ididnt have to pay they took my phone and used a pc to app
When i tried to get the app up first ,that was when i was asked £60 ,thats why i went back to shop
The Air2s was fiorst drone and i have been that flying alot
i only bought Mini a few weeks ago in fact its on here some where.

I really am a noobie at this hobby i have all my advice from members on here ,

shop did not tell about flyer ID or OP IDidnt have a clue ,ive only flown both foprward and backward sent up and downi have yet found about the other things iot can do had some photos but were mostly crap
any one who live nr me can come and have ago ,

I really dont know what to about the Account

There seems to be two levels of binding available.
The stronger one, that causes the problem for people, binds the drone to the DJI account of the person who bound the drone & binds the controller to the drone. This level of binding has the ability to render the equipment useless to any other App login. This level of binding seems to be associated with setting up the equipment such that FLYaway insurance is valid. It sounds as if your drone DOES NOT have this level of binding.

The weaker level of binding merely 'notes' that the drone is bound to the DJI account of the person who bound the drone, it DOES NOT allow binding of the controller to the drone. The level of binding does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in terms of restricting the drone's/equipment's use. At least that's what I found in my experiments with it, I had three mini-2 drones available to me and five controllers. All three drones showed the same behaviour i.e. without restrictions, current or pending, I was able to use any App login to fly the drones and able to use any of the controllers. This level of binding seems available to anyone with an applicable drone but who DOES NOT have care-refresh/FLYaway insurance. As such it was pointless having the binding in place, so I removed it. Personally I was disappointed by this as I would like to render my drones useless to any would be thief.
It sounds to me that your drone has this level of binding.

So thats why my drone flys this was taken DJI forum just been looking on Google

seems i have weaker binding

Did you purchase the Air 2S used? -Because they should have included a small stack of papers labeled "manual"
Inside this "booklet" you will find a wealth of information on the device you have purchased.
They didn't give me one you say? WELL- If you visit the website of DJI products you will find a download of the entire manual.
If someone is trying to charge you money to install an app -They are robbing you!
DJI allows anyone at anytime or anyplace to download their apps -Restriction free!
This is a great Forum BUT it is not a substitute for you drones MANUAL.

As for the wording and processes of "Binding" -this is a made-up word DJI uses to add confusion BUT you must posses a DJI account to use their products-When you recieve the drone You must "Bind" [Pair for everyone else in the world] The drone to the controller. DJI's use of the word bind is completely wrong but I suppose they wish to start their own vocabulary?

The stronger one, that causes the problem for people, binds the drone to the DJI account of the per ............ your drone has this level of binding.
The above is correct as far as I know but don't mix up "binding " with the subject of this thread. It get confusing if you do that.
Binding has nothing to do with this thread.

The "Binding" and its occasional, problematic consequences, relate to a connection, for insurance purposes, between the drone and the controller and between the drone and the DJI account of the person who bound the drone.

Nor is this thread connected with the pairing/linking of the drone and controller for controller purposes and pairing/linking is separate from binding.

This thread essentially relates to whether of not the drone can be flown, without restrictions, if the control app is not logged into a DJI account. As far as I know they can not.

This, not logged in, has caused problems for at least one pilot who took off without GPS and flew to distance, over a lake and BEFORE the drone established a home point.
Once the drone did establish a home point, over the water, the drone refused to fly back to shore/the-take-off-point.
I don't remember the outcome but one solution would be to reset the home point, I do not know if that could have been done in one jump or would have to be done in increments.

Both my controllers work with either drone been messing about with this morning All i have to do is Pair
controller to any of the drones

these are not
on any Fly away insurance nip down here into east mids and play with my birds,

Have we got any members from Derby on here??

The stronger one, that causes the problem for people, binds the drone to the DJI account of the person who bound the drone & binds the controller to the drone. This level of binding has the ability to render the equipment useless to any other App login. This level of binding seems to be associated with setting up the equipment such that FLYaway insurance is valid. It sounds as if your drone DOES NOT have this level of binding.

The weaker level of binding merely 'notes' that the drone is bound to the DJI account of the person who bound the drone, it DOES NOT allow binding of the controller to the drone. The level of binding does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in terms of restricting the drone's/equipment's use. At least that's what I found in my experiments with it, I had three mini-2 drones available to me and five controllers. All three drones showed the same behaviour i.e. without restrictions, current or pending, I was able to use any App login to fly the drones and able to use any of the controllers. This level of binding seems available to anyone with an applicable drone but who DOES NOT have care-refresh/FLYaway insurance. As such it was pointless having the binding in place, so I removed it. Personally I was disappointed by this as I would like to render my drones useless to any would be thief.
It sounds to me that your drone has this level of binding.

Something's fishy.

The person who wrote the above in post #12 is definitely, 110% not the same person that wrote @stikflote's other posts. There's no question.

This might help.
Link = drone to controller allows drone and controller to communicate.
Bind Low Level = drone to DJI account allows complete flight
Bind high level = drone to controller for Flyaway coverage.

Reactions: Andy carley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne