DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seemed like a scam....wasn't. Mavic 3 Fly More for $1500

Parkerjh

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Contacted a guy on Facebook Marketplace about a Mavic 3 Flymore Combo with a few extras he was selling for $1500.
This was $500+ cheaper than other listings I had seen. He claimed he only flew it a "couple of times".
He said he bought it to film "his horses" but that it freaked the horses out and he gave up on it.
(the original poster was a woman who passed me along to "her brother" which always seems suspect)

We agreed to meet. He said he worked at a pizza shop and I could come by anytime.
It was in a rough part of the city.

Then I'm thinking, "a guy that owns horses is working in a pizza shop?"

But I go anyways and meet up with him.
Tested the drone and seemed like it wasn't bound to an account and not logged into a DJI account.

Got home, but THIS TIME, when I started it, I got the message about it being bound to another account and I would only be able to fly it 3 more times.
No idea why that didn't pop up when I tested it there.

I thought I was screwed. But I called him and told him it was bound to his account.
He said he had never owned another drone but said he didn't want to give me his DJI account password so I could unbind it.
I offered to drive back so that he could unbind it himself. He made a couple of excuses as to why he couldn't meet but said he'd call me back.
I had a bad feeling.

But just five minutes later, he called and said I was all set. And sure enough, I was able to unbind it.

And today, I look at battery charge cycles, and it was 1, 1 and 2. He wasn't lying that he barely ever flew it.
And there was 1 video in the internal storage. Sure enough: of horses.

Guy was 100% legit.

Mouse_Highlight_Overlay.png

Glad it worked out for you

Reactions: Carbon Flight
Wondering about the acne infested kid at Best Buy that talked him into a Mavic 3 FMC to film horses... great commission!!

A Mini 3P or 4P would have been a better choice.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Nice, glad it worked out for you. Since other people learn from the different posts in this forum, let us know when you are fully happy with your drone purchase and open to taking some questions about the transaction so people will know what to do, what to look for, and....what not to do when buying a used drone. I believe this could be helpful since not many people can be as lucky as you were this time.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Contacted a guy on Facebook Marketplace about a Mavic 3 Flymore Combo with a few extras he was selling for $1500.
This was $500+ cheaper than other listings I had seen. He claimed he only flew it a "couple of times".
He said he bought it to film "his horses" but that it freaked the horses out and he gave up on it.
(the original poster was a woman who passed me along to "her brother" which always seems suspect)

We agreed to meet. He said he worked at a pizza shop and I could come by anytime.

Tested the drone and seemed like it wasn't bound to an account and not logged into a DJI account.

Got home, but THIS TIME, when I started it, I got the message about it being bound to another account and I would only be able to fly it 3 more times.

I thought I was screwed. But I called him and told him it was bound to his account.
He said he had never owned another drone but said he didn't want to give me his DJI account password so I could unbind it.
I offered to drive back so that he could unbind it himself. He made a couple of excuses as to why he couldn't meet but said he'd call me back.
I had a bad feeling.

But just five minutes later, he called and said I was all set. And sure enough, I was able to unbind it.

And today, I look at battery charge cycles, and it was 1, 1 and 2. He wasn't lying that he barely ever flew it.

Guy was 100% legit.

View attachment 172107
That’s amazing! Glad you were able to score such a sweet deal!

I hope you are able to use the Mavic 3 to capture lots of great footage!

I had a bad feeling.

Guy was 100% legit.

View attachment 172107
Nice to read a positive story with a happy ending. I have sold three (3) drone- all through e-bay, and all sales went well. (Mavic Air 1 red (2) Mavic 2 Pro (sorry I sold it) (3) Mini 2- bought for travel- sold it, then bought another for another travel.

Dale
Miami

Nice to read a positive story with a happy ending. I have sold three (3) drone- all through e-bay, and all sales went well. (Mavic Air 1 red (2) Mavic 2 Pro (sorry I sold it) (3) Mini 2- bought for travel- sold it, then bought another for another travel.

Dale
Miami
I have lots of luck on ebay as well, usually have no bidding and just a low-er buy-it-now price and the listing seems to sell in under a week. Ebay fees are a bit high but I think there's less risk if you play it right.

I have lots of luck on ebay as well, usually have no bidding and just a low-er buy-it-now price and the listing seems to sell in under a week. Ebay fees are a bit high but I think there's less risk if you play it right.
Recently sold an old Vivitar 300mm Nikon F mount lens on e-bay. It was just laying in my drawer for 30 years. Asked $40.00 for a quick sale. It stayed on e-baby for months, but I finally got a bid for $35 and turned it down. Same bidder came back with $37.00 and I turned it down. The bidder finally matched my asking price of $40.00. E bay sold me a shipping label for $15.00 (now $40+15.00=$55.00). I came out finally with $37.50.

eBay fees are pretty high which is why I usually offer my drones here first. Here's an example of an auction I completed this week. Note how they based my fee on the $17.75 sales tax they charged my buyer with.
Screenshot 2024-01-27 045643a.jpg

What’s involved in Unbinding the drone before a sale?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne